Favorite AR cans

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Gwhite@1967, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Gwhite@1967

Gwhite@1967 New Member

I been running a few cans on my AR platforms, I have gotten stuck on YHM ,I have a few more but I have not found any that can compare to the easy on and easy off, don't get stuck, the price has never hurt too bad, the brakes are great. Just asking what's your favorite can and why.

2. grcsat

grcsat Well-Known Member

What is a "can" on an AR ?

3. Pawpaw40

Pawpaw40 Well-Known Member

I only have one "can" (suppressor) an AAC 7.62SD. I use it on my 2 300 BO AR's, a 16" carbine and a SBR. It does well on subsonic, 300 BO. I like the quick on/off.

firefighter1635 likes this.
  4. Gwhite@1967

Gwhite@1967 New Member

I am old army, dont like calling then suppressors or silencers, and can is so much easier to type

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I can't afford a bunch of suppressors, could barely afford the one on my .22. If you send me a few and I will test them for you and let you know what I think.

6. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I have a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 and I’m very pleased with it. They’re the only can manufacture that gaurenteed no point of impact change from having it on to removing it, That’s what drew me to them. I use mine on a 18” .223 Wilde DMR.

I got mine at dealer cost through a friend that has a class 3 liscense and if it wasn’t for that I probably wouldn’t have gotten that particular brand. My cost was $800 out the door along with the $200 stamp.

dbcooper and crystalphoto like this.
  7. Gwhite@1967

Gwhite@1967 New Member

You got me interested ,I don't have any that don't have a impact change,thanks for the advice

8. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL Active Member

Sort of love the manufactures "No point of impact change" "If" you are purchasing a well known maker there would be no change of impact. That said it can change the harmonics of the barrel. What we found years ago concerning this was the shooter was the biggest cause of change of impact.

Since suppressors relieve not only noise they also reduce recoil. Hence the jerk of the trigger and blast reflex........with those removed the real shooter comes out. Called "flinch" by some. This is easy to simulate without the suppressor by loading a dummy round in a magazine by someone else so you are unaware of when it might come around. When standing next to the person firing you will see it when the dud feeds.
    It is also a good way to train in trigger control rather than jerking the trigger.

Even the lowly .22 will cause it, pistols even worse.

Shooter45 likes this.
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter Well-Known Member

That’s a hard question to just give an X answer. Generally most reputable manufacturers do good work. Cheaper solutions are hit and miss and problem with that is used suppressors are horrible to sell. When it comes to cans it’s all about the user.
    Dry vs Wet
    Full vs semi
    QD/Navy3lug/standard 1/2X28
    Serviceable vs non

I like the Osprey’s for pistol
    And Surefire for rifles if not integrated