Favorite Condiment?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladimir, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

What is everyone's favorite condiment? I felt inspired by the hot sauce thread :D.

My first and foremost is absolutely Sour Cream, you can literally put it on almost anything. I eat gross amounts of Sour Cream every day on a bowl of Chili and rice or potatoes. It goes great in soup as well, corndogs, fish sticks, pizza, pasta... the possibilities are endless!

Ranch is a close second. It is like a sweeter Sour Cream, not really suitable for soup or chili, but great on pizza!

Hot sauce would have to be my third, I love it but I can't eat too much of it because of the GERD and it is expensive (for the good stuff anyway).

EDIT: I always loved sour cream, but it wasn't until I spent a week in Ukraine that I really realized the versatility of the condiment. I went from wondering what that gross white blob was in the bottom of my soup, to floored by the idea almost instantly :D.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

English Mustard.

I get through loads and dont have meat without it. Its yellow like American but much stronger. Second would be HP Sauce, the brown one.

I dont know if you get either over there, but you did ask.

3. B 'n B

B 'n B New Member

I don't need a condiment ; I got a vasectomy .

4. artabr

artabr New Member

Good one B&B. :D

The I named mine in the other thread. Tabasco, Bon CaCa seasoning and Jalapeno mustard on sandwichs that don't contain cheese. I put mayo (Blue Plate or Hellman's) on sandwichs that have cheese, but I won't eat both at the same time. :rolleyes: :D
    I can't stand catchup but I love tomatos and foods with a tomato sauce. :rolleyes: :D

Tranter, I know we have Colemans mustard over here & I'm pretty sure that I've seen HP sauce too.

Art

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  5. topper

topper New Member

jalapeno sauce and cherry fire peppers.

Keep both barrels loaded!

6. pawn

pawn Active Member

after hot sauce it would have to be plain yellow mustard. love it.

tranter, we can get hp sauce over here but only from specialty stores or internet

7. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

For burgers I like barbecue sauce and onions. I hate combinations of condiments that you get from fast food places like mayo, mustard and ketchup. Don't like mustard on anything with tomatoes. For cold cuts I like brown or stadium mustard. I'm with Art...I like tomatoes and tomato sauce but dislike ketchup.

8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I am an "all kinds of" mustard freak, especially on hamburgers topped with lots of kosher dill pickle chips.

Second would be a three-way tie: A-1 Sauce, Horseradish and soy sauce.

9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

My vote is with jalapeno peppers. It is the topping for cheese burgers. As for any other topping good ole yeller mustard fills the gap. Jalapenos and mustard on a cheese burger is a pure tast delight.

10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Does black pepper count? My girlfriend has gotten me to the point where I now pepper everything. (She has done this herself for years.)

11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

ranch bbq sauce. its good on everything from spaghetti to sandwiches. Its easy to make, you just mix ranch dressing with bbq sauce. it doesnt matter how much of each you mix, that depends on what you want to taste the most. most of the time im a 50/50 kinda guy, but sometimes ill go 25/75 heavy on the bbq if im putting it on a burger, and 75/25 heavy on the ranch if im putting it on spaghetti. yall are laughing but you really should try it...;)

12. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I make up my own sauces for everything, with soy or teriyaki, spices and other delights. I'm sure I am the only one that would eat most of them....LOL!

13. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

When I get the urge for a steak sauce I mix soy sauce with ketchup ( i use the La Choy brand soy sauce or ones that are similar in taste. Make for the best steak sauce.

14. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

rofl.... I wondered how long it would take before someone said something along those lines!

My favorite condiment depends on the food item, of course...but I enjoy mustard, Ranch dressing, and I've "grown up" enough now to be able to enjoy Tobasco sauce!

15. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

ummmmmm "laughing" wasn't my first reaction......;) But hey, if YOU like it, that's what counts!

BTW...have you met pinecone? :D