The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this at Bi-Mart today. They had three but only let me have one. $17.99 for 325.

I thought about this can merchandising idea and this was my thought as I was driving:

With all the hoards of 22LR bought there might come a time, either later this year or next year where ammo sales will slow. So,,, genious,,, come out with a virtual sealed "Forever" container for the 22 LR and then the consumer (SHTF people, etc...) will begin buying it up for long term storage and will buy more then nornal because of the expended shelf life and because of the sealed can, and then they will shoot the stuff in the box and keep stashing the cans back.

In our country there has been a growing mentally to hoard ammo because of the scare and bare shelves. Kind of like the people in the depression. Once they experienced doing without they began saving everything of value. It seems to be the general feel nowdays and with the preppers and SHTF people this sudden "22LR in the can" idea will fit right in with the current consumer mentality.

There were three cans of the 22LR but they only gave me one to buy. So when I was at the cash register there was an old man standing there and I told him there were two left. His eyes lit up when he saw the "Nifty" can. He went back and grabbed one and came back and thanked me and he was smiling from ear to ear. Then a third guy grabbed the last one. It was gone in about 2 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
good idea actually.

i wish all ammo could be had in spam cans. or sealed battlepacks..

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I saw the same ammo at a gun store in Huntsville for $27.95. Didn't buy any at that price. I did find a 525 round brick of Remington 36 gr. plated HP for $24.95, but was limited to one box.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I am shooting some .22LR from the 1980's I found in the bottom of the ammo safe...What would be considered long term storage

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am shooting some .22LR from the 1980's I found in the bottom of the ammo safe...What would be considered long term storage
If stored in a dry climate there is no reason for ammo to go bad. If it is in a can sealed with nitrogen it should last several lifetimes.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I saw these same 22 ammo cans at a gun store today for $35.99 but I didn't buy any.Maybe I should have but it just seemed like a ripoff.I'll try to hold out a little longer for the prices to get close to normal.Also there were 50 round boxes for $5.99 each.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts