The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back form Malmart and encountered a miracle. They had one box of Federal .38 Spl. for my Charter Undercover backumup. I don't have a lot of Federal in my safe, but I have used them before and thought I knew what to expect.
It looked like I tried to pour my own bullets in the back of a moving vehicle while running from the enemy!
Is it possible they are trying to keep up with demand and the quality is suffering as a result?
Your recent experience and thoughts?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
QA is certainly compromised during these times. I've read more stories than normal of inverted primers, dud and overcharged cartriges. I witnessed Federal duds in a box of 308 manufactured during the mad rush of '08 back then, thankfully the bullet cleared the barrel and hit the ground a few feet in front of the target stand. This can be frustrating but remember the hoarding foolishness is fueling this in the first place.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Right now you might want to find a local reloader who can provide ammo. I suspect it'll be a year or more before factory ammo's worth buying. Even reloaders have probs getting parts but at least they give a damm! I've a friend I've told to charge more that 12 bucks for 50 9mm but he argued with me. He loads thousands each week of everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts