Federal Arms 1911 pistols and kits

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

tuckerd1
    (6/5/01 8:36:10 am)
    Reply Federal Arms 1911 Pistols and Kits
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I need any information I can find about Federal Arms 1911s. I want a pistol or kit that I can use as a gunsmithing project gun. I want to learn fitting and customizing of the 1911. I know these pistols and kits may not be the quality of a McCormick or others, but how would you folks rank them. Will be inexpensive when I make a mistake.

Any comments are welcome. FAC has a complete 1911 for $308.00.

M1911A1user
    (6/12/01 6:13:24 pm)
    Reply Federal Arms 1911 Pistols and Kits
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can't say as I've ever heard of these particular 1911's.

Wouldn't it be better to purchase a tried old non-rare Colt and learn to replace parts/repair/refinish that? Man - where's the good old DCM when you need it!

Seems like i've seen old Colts in pretty rough shape for about 300-350 at gun shows around the Atlanta area. It's been awhile since I've paid any mind to them though. Your area may have similar items.

Just a thought. Good luck with your project!

M19

tuckerd1
    (6/12/01 8:31:45 pm)
    Reply Re: Federal Arms 1911 Pistols and Kits
    M1911, I know what you mean, but where i am at, I don't see many of those kind of deals.

I was at the Marietta gunshow two weekend's ago and there was nothing there. It was a small show and not much of a selection of any kind of old handgun stuff.