The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a shotgun online. Sent the seller the money. Shotgun was shipped to my FFL. And inside the box were plastic chips. To my dismay there was a chip on the grip and a little gouge in the box that appeared where the box fell. The package was insured however if this part is rare and expensive how will Fedex usually make this right? or are do they usually try to screw gun owners over?

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Contact them right away and take pictures of the gun and the packing and box. If its insured, they should take care of it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did take pictures of the damage. When I called Fedex to file a claim the person I spoke to didn't understand the concept of a firearm purchase. They gave me a hard time because on the tracking information I was not the end destination for the package. So she told me to have the sender open a claim. They opened a claim, but now it seems like Fedex is dragging their feet on this.

· Registered
518 Posts
Most damage claims are more trouble than they are worth - better to pay extra for better packaging. The claim has to be made by the shipper. I bought a muzzleloader from Tennessee Valley, which was damaged in shipment via UPS. I didn't call UPS, I called TVM, the shipper. They arranged for UPS to pick up the damaged rifle and return it to TVM. It worked out fine. But, if your shipper isn't on the ball, not much you can do.

Insurance pays up-front for shipments that go missing, but otherwise....

· Premium Member
20,206 Posts
I ship a lot of parts very day. Not gun parts but computer and network parts. It is very rare that I get anything damaged. As I use parts I order replacements. I can honestly say I have not received a damaged part in over 10 years.

· Registered
19,355 Posts
last time i got a damaged gun part it was a cleaning rod from sarco that came in via USPS .. i ordered a straight one.. but it came in in a funny right angle box :(

last 'part' i got damaged was a head kit ( semi-metal head gaskets and associated parts ) for a 172ci tractor engine... package came in to napa via ups BENT. napa asked me if I wanted it. I didn't even answer as I stared at the bowed and creased head gasket laying on their counter.. finally after that awkward silence.. i asked them if they would rebuild their engine with one like that????

gotta winder about some parts monkeys. :)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats horrible skipper. Fedex is really dragging their feet here. They asked for pictures. I gave them pictures and then they wanted pictures of the packaging material. Now I sent those pictures in they still haven't replied back to me yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.