The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold a pistol using *********. Went to FedEx to send the pistol to buyer and WOW! FedEx charged me $95 to send a 3# package from Texas to Florida. Seems that ********* is not the way to go when selling guns. Nobody is going to want to pay $95 just to have a weapon sent to them. Anyone out there know of a less expensive method for selling/sending a weapon?

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Find a local FFL who will ship it for you. FFL's can use the postal service where you can't.
Least expensive way to go.

Move guvment 'rules' to squeeze money out of the people.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Given my horrid experiences with FedEx for the last year, I am convinced they hire only the severely retarded as drivers. I expect similar "quality" of their office staff and management. UPS and USPS snail have their own problems, but to the point RetardEx does.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find a local FFL who will ship it for you. FFL's can use the postal service where you can't.

Hello Empty_Holster. Thanks for the tip. I was going to eeek out a very small amount but lost it all and then some with the obscene charge by FedEx.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hello Empty_Holster. Thanks for the tip. I was going to eeek out a very small amount but lost it all and then some with the obscene charge by FedEx.
FEDEX and UPS used to charge lower fees and take a few days longer; however, it was "reported" their employees were STEALING so many firearms they both went to Next Day Air and raised prices to OMG that is high. I guarantee you that I have no first hand knowledge........

·
Premium Member
19,342 Posts
FEDEX and UPS used to charge lower fees and take a few days longer; however, their employees were STEALING so many firearms they both went to Next Day Air and raised prices to OMG that is high.
That's not true. They are required to ship firearms P-1 by the government. If you ship to an FFL you can ship the cheapest they offer. I worked for FedEx for 20 years and just retired. My daughter is a Courier there now. They don't steal guns or anything for that matter.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
That's not true. They are required to ship firearms P-1 by the government. If you ship to an FFL you can ship the cheapest they offer. I worked for FedEx for 20 years and just retired. My daughter is a Courier there now. They don't steal guns or anything for that matter.
Just repeating what I was told when they changed their rules and tripled their prices. I'm certain I don't KNOW anything.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello gwv3. Thank you for your comments. Something must be wrong at the FedEx store I used. I told him that I HAD TO ship the handgun to an FFL. He insisted on the $95 fee. Feeling that I had no choice I went ahead and sent the weapon. Is there a way I can get some of that $ back? Thank you.

·
Administrator
11,365 Posts

Last pistol I shipped was through my LGS. He charged me USPS Priority Mail flat rate. It was less than $20.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Of the three, the U. S. Snail has screwed me over the least.
FedEx needs to go belly up.

·
Premium Member
19,342 Posts
Hello gwv3. Thank you for your comments. Something must be wrong at the FedEx store I used. I told him that I HAD TO ship the handgun to an FFL. He insisted on the $95 fee. Feeling that I had no choice I went ahead and sent the weapon. Is there a way I can get some of that $ back? Thank you.
Handguns by law have to be shipped P-1 by FedEx and UPS. Very expensive. Your best bet is have an FFL ship it for you. They can use the post office. Some people don't tell them its a handgun and use regular rates. It's should be cheaper to go to a gun store and get them to transfer it to the other FFL as their shipping cost is under $20.

Of the three, the U. S. Snail has screwed me over the least.
FedEx needs to go belly up.
I am sorry but I have to disagree with that.

Reactions: shootbrownelk
1 - 14 of 14 Posts