The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the range yesterday with my used FEG SMC in 9x18. It's verysimilar to a walther ppk. A couple of times the hammer would stay at full cock and the trigger wouldn't release it nor would the hammer drop safety. Took the grips off and found that the spur on the hammer that engages the sear had slipped behind the sear. I was able all times to pull the trigger and push the hammer forward and that put the hammer where it belonged. Then for say three or four magazines it wold function properly, Then for no reason it would het fouled up. I'm guessing that i've got either a weak spring or a worn hammer or sear. Any suggestins would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
5,350 Posts
I know you have checked this already, but hey, I have to throw it out. The FEG's use the PP's engineering but they are not clones. One place that FEG changed is the securing of the sear pivot pins. On the Walther PP/PPK the pins are staked to the stirrup / or horse shoe sear, not so on the FEG, the pins are held on by the grips and they have a tendency to fall out into never never land. If you lose one side the gun will still function after a fashion, but with problems. Just thought I would throw out something that happened to me:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.