1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,907 Posts
Have you tried Numrichs?

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
That's going to be a tough one to find. It's got a .385 dovetail base, and a set screw that keeps it there. The problem is, there was nothing to keep the set screw there too. Checked a slew of my sources, and all out of stock as well. Someone here posted a few years ago about using a Colt 1911 sight on one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's going to be a tough one to find. It's got a .385 dovetail base, and a set screw that keeps it there. The problem is, there was nothing to keep the set screw there too. Checked a slew of my sources, and all out of stock as well. Someone here posted a few years ago about using a Colt 1911 sight on one.

I wonder if there is another gun sight I could use for it?

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
That's the point I was going with. It's a common dovetail size, the problem is finding something the same height as the original. Too tall, and it shoots high, too short and it shoots low. They were made by Herbert Schmidt/Hawes (no sights available) imported by FIE, and the newest incarnation is the Heritage Rough Rider(totally different sight).
I think the closest thing that's still available, would be the rear sight from a High Standard revolver like the W-105, but I can't find what dovetail size they used.
@John Stimson here is the resident HS expert, if someone knows what the size is, it would be him. He'll be alerted to this thread, and hopefully has an answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts