Fight Spam...The E-mail kind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

bondai
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/13/01 9:50:41 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Fight Spam...The E-mail kind
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's good news for everyone annoyed by junk e-mail. The Federal Trade Commission is collecting the spam: 2.5 million pieces so far this year forwarded by "fed-up netizens" to uce@ftc.gov, U.S. News reveals.

The commission plans to "get the goods on purveyors of chain letters, pyramid schemes, and the like." The FTC's J. Howard Beales promised, "The first set of cases is not too far away."

Zigzag2
    (11/13/01 9:58:02 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Fight Spam...The E-mail kind
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    it's about time...

gpostal
    (11/14/01 12:19:25 am)
    to bad it will be the year twenty twenty when they get around to it {after all its the government},by the time they read them all the company's will be out of business ,nice gesture though

TallTLynn
    (11/14/01 12:31:02 am)
    I send the spam back to the originator with a comment do not send me any more chain letters, etc., etc., or I will not only block your address but never send or receive anything from you again (hmmmm, could that be why my dad hasn't sent me any more e-mails?)

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/14/01 4:19:03 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Fight Spam...The E-mail kind
    Cudn't be tha reasun......
    I'm reasonably sure he's not
    a "Block Head", is he?
    Justa jestin aroun...TLynn
    Charlie D

Xracer
    (11/14/01 4:51:04 pm)
    I'll haf all you people know tat Minn-eeee-sota is not only da home of lutefisk und "hotdish", it's also da home of Spam! Ya, sure, you bet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.