The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After missing the last two matches because of Kung Flu and then work schedules, I finally got to shoot my 3rd USPSA match this morning. Kinda bummed we didn’t have any qualifier stages since I messed up the last one so badly but it was a good match anyway. Perfect weather for it. The ground was a bit soft and slippery in spots thanks to yesterday’s rain but thankfully it didn’t cause me any issues. I still need to count my shots and time my reloads better. I’ll post the final results once the organizer gets them uploaded to PractiScore.

One thing I will comment on is the great bunch of guys I shoot with. The group works together to keep things moving and everybody pitches in. Setup and teardown for the matches is a group effort. We all go out to help patch targets and call scores after each shooter. Even though it’s a competition, they really work as a community to help each other out. I don’t know if all clubs work this way but this one does and I enjoy every minute of it. :)

·
Premium Member
14,572 Posts
Generally most matches I've shot in everyone pitched in unless they had a disability to prevent them. However, those guys pitched in with other things to help. The most involved and helpful in my experience was the muzzleloading matches. The least was handgun silohuette matches. Where I shot those there was a few prima donna's who were above soiling their hands to help.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow..... Did not do as well as I thought. Finished 18th out of 19 shooters overall. But I took 1st in Single Stack division! :) Wait.... I was the only one in the Single Stack division. :oops: Too bad I missed the last match. There were 3 other Single Stack shooters at that one. Could have compared apples to apples.

Didn’t hit any No Shoots this time out so that’s an improvement. Those 4 Mikes gotta go though. What’s really killing me are my times. Need to plan a little better and stop second guessing myself while I’m out there. Also, still working on staying focused on the front sight.

D8CC178B-01BF-40F4-A74A-B582AC243C1B.jpeg
2D883C3A-1A78-4E34-A957-FB1BCAE39039.jpeg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts