The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Renato Gamba version of the Mauser HSc recently. It's a high cap, all steel, Italian made pistol. What I've since found out is that it's very finicky on ammo. It jammed on Magtech ammo, very accurate, but wouldn't always feed it. It does do well with Fiocchi and S&B, which are a little more expensive, and not as easy to find.
I like the gun, but I sometimes wonder if I should just get rid of it and get something else that I know will eat any ammo I put in it. I've had a Bersa for 6 years that has been trouble free.
Do you hang on to picky guns, or does reliability with any ammo trump everything else?

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it out again today with Fiocchi and some Remington, all FMJ. It did fine with the Rem. this time, jammed a few times on the Fiocchi. It only does this on feeding, never an extraction problem, and still very accurate.
I think this is going to the next gun show with me. I'll be honest to anyone looking at it, but this gun just isn't reliable. Maybe someone else can find a way to make it feed right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.