The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you thinking about bringing?

I am leaning towards lower calibers. Seems a waste to fire High Calibers at a close in range. (I am guessing 150 yards max.) I plan on bringing my .17HMR, about 3 .22mags, 1 pump, one bolt, one semi. Two Browning Buckmark's (one Micro, one a Competition model with a Tru-Glo sight.) Glock22/Kel-Tec Sub2K in .40cal. (Because I keep them in my vehicle, in a small black Ballistic Cloth backpack) My Remington 7615 Police Pump, (5.56) because most people have never seen one, let alone fired one.

Maybe my .44mag and .357mag revolvers, not sure on Semi Handguns yet.

Still giving it some thought. What do you Guy's got planned/bringing? Inquiring minds (and Me.) are curious, would like to know.

Please Share.

·
Super Moderator
42,676 Posts
Haven't put a whole lot of thought into it. I am kind of limited on room in my car. Joe asked me to bring M1 Carbine and if someone (hint, hint) finds some 8mm, then I will bring the Hakim. I know I will bring at least one .22, probably the savage with suppressor. May bring the following: .50 Beowulf, Ruger Rimfire in .22 Magnum, PMR-30, CX4 Storm in 9mm, and possibly some .22LR handguns. When it is time to load the car the whole thing may change.

·
Super Moderator
28,989 Posts
I won't know until the day before we leave.
If George is bringing that PMR, I guess that I had better find some 22 Mag ammo.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
three rolling blocks. two that have long thread on here from the past, and a modern .44 mag. scoped paper puncher.
all will get reloaded cast lead ammo. anything else i do not know. maybe m1 carbine, ww2 vintage. short guns???
there will be more discussion as time gets closer.
have any of you made reservations yet?

rick

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you George, I have not gone up to my "Prepper Room," on the second level to double check my 8mm stash yet.

Howlinmad, make sure to bring some .22mag ammo. I will be bringing three .22mag long arms. A Winchester pump, (a hoot to shoot) and 2 JM Browning Marlins. One a tube fed bolt action, another a mag fed semi-auto. (Both scoped.)

Will have my Glock mdl 22 and my Kel-Tec Sub2K in .40cal, (share mags) bacause they reside in a black ballistic cloth backpack in my Vehicle. Will prob. have my Remington 7615 Police Carbine, (pump 5.56) because most people have never handled one, much less fired one.

Two Browning Buckmark's, one a Micro, one a Competition model with a Tru-Glo sight. My Single shot Bull barreled, NEF scoped .17HMR as well.

·
Super Moderator
42,676 Posts
I won't know until the day before we leave.
If George is bringing that PMR, I guess that I had better find some 22 Mag ammo.
Bill, didn't you buy of of those Browning 1911-22s? If not, I will bring mine so Braydon can shoot it, I think he liked it last time I brought it (or was that you).

have any of you made reservations yet?

rick
I have and I am pretty sure that Joe has, those bottom floor rooms are going fast.

·
Premium Member
20,310 Posts
They have an excellent trap range so I would recommend bringing a shotgun. I will also bring my 10-22 and my Ruger American Rimfire. I also plan on bringing my Ruger AR as the last time I shot it was 2 years ago at the TFF BBQ. I will bring 3 handguns. My Colt 1911 9mm, S&W Victory 22lr, and probably my Ruger 1911 CMD in 45 ACP. My wife will bring her Savage Mark 11.

Someone said there would be a black powder shot so if that happens I will bring my 50 cal Hawkin rifle.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will be bringing the Heritage 7 1/2" SAA, .22LR/.22mag. A hoot to shoot. If anyone interested in working a trade for my very nice 1951 Confederate Navy .44cal. BP Revolver, w/spare cylinder, holster and spare cylinder holder. Comprehensive BP Starter kit, and about 1lb powder. (Pics can be seen in the 1860 Colt Thread.) Beautiful Revolver, but I'm not really in to BP.

Whatchu got?

Attending Member's, please list what you are thinking about bringing. I/We will bring appropriate ammo. 👍

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just tried to call to set up Reservation under our Group rate. Manager leaves at 3pm. "Call back tomorrow." Will do that.

·
Super Moderator
42,676 Posts
If you want to, you can do it online using this link and you won't have to talk with anyone:

https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/JP06R0

Once you click on "Book Room", look for the area, under where the CC info goes, that says "Add a special request". That is where you put in Pool Side and add any other thing you might want.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of bringing my 7.62x39 AR pistol. It's decently accurate for a pistol, but that's not the fun in shooting it. With a 7" barrel and a muzzle brake, it's memorable. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
28,989 Posts
Bill, didn't you buy of of those Browning 1911-22s? If not, I will bring mine so Braydon can shoot it, I think he liked it last time I brought it (or was that you).
Not yet George, I'm still looking for one at my local shops. Brayden loved that Browning and your Kel-Tec PMR.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reservation made George. 👍

·
Super Moderator
42,676 Posts
I ordered a set of 8mm dies the other day (after giving a set away a few months ago). I ordered them so I could re-load some Turkish 8mm ammo so I can shoot it through the Hakim. I went out this afternoon and "unloaded" a bandoleer of that Turkish stuff. When I say unloaded, I do not mean I shot it, I mean I used my RCBS whack-a-mole hammer to pull those 70 bullets. Average weight of the powder was 46.4 grains that looked a lot like Unique, and the average weight of the bullets was 154.8 grains. The brass is berdan primed and I will reuse them (knowing they are probably corrosive). I am going to look through my manuals and find a powder what will work with something close to that weight and reload them so I can take the Hakim to the get together for anyone who might want to put a few rounds through it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts