The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got what I needed and decided to give it a try. Using Eastwood Ford blue powder coat and mostly wheel weights. Casting 124 grain 9mm bullets. After the first coat I could see spots that were coated but very thin so I decided to coat them a second time. I sized the bullets after casting and after coating then smashed one to see if it was good to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
He said that he sized them after casting. I assume that he coated them after sizing.
He said he sized them both after casting and coating.

Im Looking forward to doing the same gonna have a bunch of "refining" to do after i go get that scrap lead Monday after Easter. Havnt decided on what I want for powder coat Yet. Did you wet or dry coat for your powder coating.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you size any yet?
Yes I did, after casting and again after coating.

Did you wet or dry coat for your powder coating.
I dry coated, shake and bake with air soft BB's.

I assume that he coated them after sizing.
I sized them after casting and again after coating them twice.

He said he sized them both after casting and coating.

Im Looking forward to doing the same gonna have a bunch of "refining" to do after i go get that scrap lead Monday after Easter. Havnt decided on what I want for powder coat Yet. Did you wet or dry coat for your powder coating.
You're going to be in trouble, it is addictive!

·
GUNZILLA
7,010 Posts
Looking good!

·
TFF Chaplain
20,387 Posts
Very nice job. Let us know how they shoot.

Reactions: Gudaki

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Gudaki

Looking good!

My opinion is that sizing before powder coating is one step too many, especially if you're only doing one coat. I'd simply size afterwards only.

I also do not think that the BB's make a bit of difference.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
I tend to agree with you about the BB's making any difference.
You crank that handle enough times you may eventually agree with my other opinion as well. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts