The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deer Stalker
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garrett is my son's friend who is the same age (24) and we took him duck hunting for the first time on Friday.
The kid did great! Dropped the first duck of the day.
It was slow hunting, 7 ducks for 6 hours of effort but the boys had fun!
Pictured is my son and Garrett, and my son with my labs.
The oldest seasoned lab came with us, the pup (8 months) stayed back at the cabin with mama. She'll get her turn next year as she progresses through training.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,707 Posts
Glad all you had a great time. Good catch. Congrats to Garrett.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Deer Stalker
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My kid has a Winchester 12 GA super X pump which I bought him when he turned 18, 6 years ago. Not sure what Garrett had but it was a Mossberg.

I had my Remington Model 1100, 12 GA, 30 inch barrel full choke, (1976) that has slayed many a feathered dinosaurs for 44 years now, the only shotgun I've owned since I was 16.

·
Premium Member
17,917 Posts
My kid has a Winchester 12 GA super X pump which I bought him when he turned 18, 6 years ago. Not sure what Garrett had but it was a Mossberg.

I had my Remington Model 1100, 12 GA, 30 inch barrel full choke, (1976) that has slayed many a feathered dinosaurs for 44 years now, the only shotgun I've owned since I was 16.
I have the same set up 1100. mine was made in 1978, but i bought a steel shot rem choke barrel for it. So Mak you haven't noticed any bulging at the choke area from shooting steel shot thru a full choke barrel?

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
KID? Heck I was looking for a 10 year old. :D

Congratulations on getting to the duck blind. Great way to enjoy the company of friends and family!!

·
Deer Stalker
6,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the same set up 1100. mine was made in 1978, but i bought a steel shot rem choke barrel for it. So Mak you haven't noticed any bulging at the choke area from shooting steel shot thru a full choke barrel?
No sir. And no threading on this barrel for a choke. It's a dedicated full choke barrel.

·
Premium Member
17,917 Posts
No sir. And no threading on this barrel for a choke. It's a dedicated full choke barrel.
Yeah my original barrel is fixed full choke too, but a lot of experts said that steel shot thru a full choke might cause bulging, so that's why i went out and bought the Rem choke steel shot barrel. I guess from your results the so called experts were wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts