The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took munchkin on his first "hunt" today. AKA, trampling around in the woods with with a toddler while toting a gun on the off chance we find a blind and deaf squirrel :ROFLMAO:

20210109_111039.jpg

20210109_111237.jpg

20210109_111411.jpg

20210109_120635.jpg

·
GUNZILLA
6,422 Posts
Never to young to start educating them. My younger brother was almost dragged into the Rio Grande when he was about 3 years old by a huge carp. We made dough ball for bait. We never believed him because he cried wolf too many times. He was knee high in water when we got to him. Since then he loves to fish.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never to young to start educating them. My younger brother was almost dragged into the Rio Grande when he was about 3 years old by a huge carp. We made dough ball for bait. We never believed him because he cried wolf too many times. He was knee high in water when we got to him. Since then he loves to fish.
I started about 2. He's not ready to carry his own gun, but he had a ball running around with me.

·
Premium Member
17,852 Posts
I remember mine was about 5. And i let him take plastic gun that shot ping pong balls out of it.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
That's great!!

Reactions: jsjj388

·
Super Moderator
39,828 Posts
Those, except the one with him laying on the ground, remind me of the first (and only) time my wife went squirrel hunting with me. She was walking around everywhere. She found a couple of box turtles so she had to go pick them up and bring them to me, then she had to take them home with us. We hadn't been married very long and she had never been hunting in Korea so it was all new to her. Oh yeah, I did not even see a squirrel on that hunting trip, but hey we had turtles

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those, except the one with him laying on the ground, remind me of the first (and only) time my wife went squirrel hunting with me. She was walking around everywhere. She found a couple of box turtles so she had to go pick them up and bring them to me, then she had to take them home with us. We hadn't been married very long and she had never been hunting in Korea so it was all new to her. Oh yeah, I did not even see a squirrel on that hunting trip, but hey we had turtles

Oh yea, he was picking up all sorts of stuff. His boots were a little big. That along with learning to walk in brush made for a lot of face plants lol.

And I never saw a single squirrel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts