The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Spend some time looking at test results here:
http://www.brassfetcher.com/oldindex.html
The caliber index is on the left, and it's very easy to navigate. You'll see that the 9mm Rem. Golden Saber performs as well for penetration and expansion as anything else in a larger caliber. These are the two key measures of pistol caliber performance.
I stand by my Glock 19 in this category of guns, ONLY because it is invariably reliable. There is NOTHING more important. For that reason, if I were looking at S&W, I'd go straight to the M&P. In testing, the gun lasted for 53,000 rounds before the slide cracked. Glock is king in that realm as well, but people like different things....

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, the SD line IS S&W's attempt to correct their ridiculously faulty Sigma line - they are junk. On top of that they were a Glock ripoff, and the SD line still looks like it's "trying to be a real pistol" - like the Glock.

If someone GAVE me one of these, I'd sell it and buy a Glock (aka, a real gun). I wouldn't buy a S&W auto, I don't think their worth their weight in metal.

And the vaulted M&P9? Please. I'll take a Glock over that thing any day.

I purchased a springfield XD 40 a couple of years ago. I also looked at the 40 as a better round than the 9mm but even though the gun fit great I hated the SNAP of the 40. I am not a very small guy 6'2" 230. I could handle the gun fine but the recoil was hard to get use to, most especially when double tapping. So, it has been replaced with a EMP 9mm. I have been told that the 9 is a good LADYS round, but for me, for now it's great. I will say that my next purchase will be a 1911 .45 so Double D, I'll be seeing you soon.

I purchased a springfield XD 40 a couple of years ago. I also looked at the 40 as a better round than the 9mm but even though the gun fit great I hated the SNAP of the 40. I am not a very small guy 6'2" 230. I could handle the gun fine but the recoil was hard to get use to, most especially when double tapping. So, it has been replaced with a EMP 9mm. I have been told that the 9 is a good LADYS round, but for me, for now it's great. I will say that my next purchase will be a 1911 .45 so Double D, I'll be seeing you soon.
Come on down!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
This has been a good read, thanks! I applied for my "Permit to Purchase" so now I just have to wait to pass my background check... I have a buddy who said I could shoot his .40 to see how it felt. I'll let you know how that goes...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.