First post here....

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Old Stony, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Old Stony

Old Stony Member

Just bumped into this forum and it looks interesting. I'm an old man, but a persistent shooter and hunter. Love the muzzleloaders and shoot them a lot. I recently ordered a Pedersoli Bounty Hunter on a whim and wondered if anyone else has any experience to share with one of them. I have several other Pedersoli pistols and just decided the Bounty Hunter looks like it could be fun.

2. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome. Don't shoot muzzle loaders myself, but do shoot some black powder in cartridges.

2A-Jay and grcsat like this.

3. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome from Sitka, Alaska. Been arguing with myself as to whether I really, REALLY, need one of Dixie's repro LeMat Army revolvers. :) town.jpg

2A-Jay, grcsat and Grizzley1 like this.
  4. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Need has nothing to do with it, want is the key word.

You want one, yep, you surely do!

I didn't need any of the rifles I've built for myself, but I sure did want them enough to build them.

Stony, is the bounty hunter a cap n ball revolver?

2A-Jay, joe45c and grcsat like this.
  5. Old Stony

Old Stony Member

The Bounty Hunter I have ordered is a percussion single shot .50 caliber. It is similar to a Kentucky model...with a really long barrel ! I'll be doing some hunting with it probably and maybe even shoot a match or two just for fun.

Grizzley1, 2A-Jay and joe45c like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I love shooting my black powder guns. I own 3 rifles and 3 pistols. I may take a few to the range this week.
    Chicago.jpg

7. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I know, hence the argument with myself. What conceivable use would I have for a nine shot .44 cal. percussion revolver which also sports a 20ga. shotgun barrel? Well, none, but I still want it, and thus the argument continues. :)

Grizzley1 likes this.
  8. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Welcome Old Timer and that sure is one ugly avatar you've got 'hold of..I was an
    Iowa pig farmer and have looked into lots of ugly, snapping jawed hogs, but that
    is a bad one...I got you beat on age Sir..I'll be 87 in October and most of the times
    I'm senior aged guy on this well known, choice forum...They call me Chief because of
    my naval retirement from the construction forces called Sea bees...Yes Sir, you have
    selected the very choicest forum to be had...it won't take long for you to ascertain
    that yourself...I'm over here in the Phoenix area...used to spend lots of my time
    doing wood work, mainly kids furniture and wooden angels...Had a heart condition
    develope and the meds they have me on, tis dangerous if I get cut by the sharp tools.
    I'm not a gun person but I do like to visit...You tell me some of your stories and I'll
    tell you mine....places we've been...folks we have known that rate our remembering
    them...take care and be sure to mention your birthday date...Best Regards, Chief

Old Stony likes this.