The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, forum is great, hope you can help.
Pieta Deactivated black powder pistol 0.36 Special
It has instead of the under barrel compression lever a spring loaded slotted tube with a finger lever slide Various enquiries have revealed nothing. A Google image search, nothing. Birmingham Proofing House UK I where the Gun was deactivated were unable to help.
The underside of the barrel is stamped 7138 and on the flat of the Brass frame
The gun is in fine condition, grips unmarked, slight , probably holster scratches on cylinder.
Full double action and fire. Cannot be stripped Barrel in octagonal form.
How do I include pics? Hit the camera icon and went into a cockamamy loop.
Any info and price indication would be most welcome, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
40,044 Posts
Whatever you did, did not work, try this:

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

·
Premium Member
12,331 Posts
Didn't come up for me either.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
What was done to 'deactivate' your revolver? If it is anything like the revolver Hawg posted - making it un-fire-able would be criminal. I'd love one of those myself - but not in brass - it would have to be steel. There was an outfit making replicas of the revolver Clint Eastwood used in the Italian Westerns much as you describe, and they were in .38 Special caliber.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
What was done to 'deactivate' your revolver? If it is anything like the revolver Hawg posted - making it un-fire-able would be criminal. I'd love one of those myself - but not in brass - it would have to be steel. There was an outfit making replicas of the revolver Clint Eastwood used in the Italian Westerns much as you describe, and they were in .38 Special caliber.
These weren't made in brass. I'm thinking he's referring to the grip frame. He also said it was double action which it's not. The only double action Pietta made was a Starr. Of course somebody could have converted a brass frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts