The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I do trust my Frankford.
The scales that came with my RCBS loader does not work.
I calibrate it every time I use it.

The problem was mine caused by inexperience in reloading.

I should have given the H110 load another look.
It did fill the case.
Lesson learned

·
Registered
426 Posts
What primer were you using? Burnt cases tells me that the cases were not sealed up enough to prevent blowback. A secondary ignition of the unburned powder in the barrel or chamber could produce a bomb. Check your manual for the type of primer they used. Magnum primers may be advised with a heavy load of H110. I gave up on H110 for most of my loading and now generally use 2400.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I've always heard that a short load (below minimums) of 296 or H110 could cause excessive pressure. I use 296 only in full power 44 and 357 loadings, with jacketed bullets. If I remember correctly there is only a narrow range of charge weights for these powders, from minimum to maximum. I always weigh each charge.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have heard lots of good stuff on Henry's customer service . I have a pot metal reproduction non shoot able just a wall hanger toy . Looks good but would love to have a 1860 original or Italian made one but it's just on my wish list . Would have to sell one of my other guns and can't make myself do that . Glad you got yours back and are ready for the range again .

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
These bullets were pressed in about .050".
Just wondering about this statement. Do you use the manual's overall cartridge length as a guide? Or is that dimension the amount shorter than book OAL?

Well I got my Henry rifle back today.
I would like to thank Henry company.
They are a great company.

They did not send back ea repair rifle they sent me a new one.

YEA Henry.
Now that's impressive. Every other firearms manufacturer, that I know of, states using handloads nullifies the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
38,612 Posts
Now that's impressive. Every other firearms manufacturer, that I know of, states using handloads nullifies the warranty.
I am curious about that myself! Every gun manual that I have seen has pretty much that (almost) exact statement.

Reactions: mikld

·
Garandaholic
9,381 Posts
I am curious about that myself! Every gun manual that I have seen has pretty much that (almost) exact statement.
Same here. I'm kind of stunned that they just replaced a blown up gun.
Hard to beat that!

Reactions: mikld
21 - 29 of 29 Posts