First shoot with the new Springfield.

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Goneracin, May 10, 2009.

1. Goneracin

Goneracin Member

well i shot 125 rounds through the new gun Saturday, it performed flawlessly. not a single bad feed or jam. i was using the gun completly stock with the springfield mag. mostly i fired 5 round mags, but i did a few 7 round mags with no problems.

the first 7 shots were pretty good, about a group of 5 inches at 25 feet. from there i tried all sorts of stuff, just playing around. it shot pretty well except for the occasional straggler, but i mostly blame that on the shooter.

the last 5 i really took my time and it shot a 3 inch group at 25 feet. i was pretty impressed for a stock gun, that isnt broken in, with low profile sights, and no improved acurized accessories.

so i would like to hear an opinion on what to do next? i want to tighten it up a little and maybe eliminate some of those odd ball shots. i was thinking a full length guide rod to start. im pretty happy with the trigger feel, so i will leave that alone. i was also thinking of getting the ejection port lowered since it appears that the rounds eject more vertically than horizontally. maybe it is just me, but i seemed to get a lot of brass in the top of the head:)

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Congrats on the new gun!

mike
    gn

3. Goneracin

Goneracin Member

4. ARB

ARB New Member

Congrats! I am still hunting for my Springfield as no one around here can hold on to them.

5. Goneracin

Goneracin Member

yea they had 2 at the shop i deal with, and they went pretty fast, naybe you will just have to order and wait

6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Glad to hear you like the Springer.