First Strike ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/17/01 10:44:13 am)
    First Strike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As troops mass on the Afgan/Pakistan border, tention mounts. A stray shot sets things into motion and the battle begins. US fighter planes scramble, the first bombs begin to fall......one hour later back here in the USA, in six major cities....the unthinkable happens. Four satchel nukes are set off, two bio-weapons released and we are now in the middle of a WORLD WAR, but this time it`s "here"......not over there. What would you do? Where would you go???????
    I could be wrong......Nah!

Flhunter
    (9/17/01 10:59:58 am)
    Re: First Strike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With 4 nukes set off...Where could you go?

I live about 20 miles north of Mac Dill air force base. They were the command center for dessert storm.

I don't believe I would even know a nuke had hit.

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

Robert Harden
    (9/17/01 11:02:08 am)
    First Strike
    I imagine I would have my hands full, when something crazy happens, people tend to freak out. God help us if 4 nukes went off though.

Living Life as a K-9 Officer / EagleWolf Forum

Discussion topics about Law Enforcement and anything related

- Everyone welcome.

KimberRuger
    (9/17/01 11:07:49 am)
    "what would you do ?"

Die most likely.

"Where would you go ?"

Hopefully Heaven ....... but with my "impure and hateful" thoughts, it will probably be the other place.

Patrick

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 11:45:40 am)
    First, let's think this through logically...

"Satchel Nukes..." Still some question as to whether practical, or possible AT THIS TIME, (not saying never..)

Would HAVE to have direct Nation/State involvement, and ALOT more money than it cost to train and support 4 pilots over three years...I truly believe our intelligence, especially technologically, is tuned for this...along with those from other countries (like Israel) that are better...

SOoooo...given your hypo that 4 DID explode, they would probably be relatively small, placed in large cities to do most damage, not an air burst, through missile or bomber delivery, so fallout/blast would be NOWHERE near Hiroshima or Nagasaki. In fact, casualties would PROBABLY be about as great as what they got in the WTC, for much less cost, of course, it would be X4...

Now the anthrax/bio/gas scare is more believable, and possible, lot less money involved, BUT still need infrastructure/scientists and delivery systems are even more fragile than nukes...(if you drop a vial, you die) Again, probably in large cities...

I'm more scared of Bio than Nukes, we are more dependent on the government for NBC gear, masks and antidotes, in case of nukes, if you don't get hit with the blast, the "Weather Channel" would be your best friend, you may have to move to escape drifting fallout.

The problem, if you survive, is the panic that will follow...starving refugees from the cities swarming out with no idea how to even feed themselves...

Keep in mind, it was only a few years ago, a Bin Laden terrorist was arrested trying to bomb LAX - he had a simple, small bomb in a car and a ROADMAP for Gosh sakes with LAX circled!

That was only a few years ago. Yes, they've gone a long ways since, in order to do this latest, but no matter WHAT the media says, it was not THAT sophisticated, at least as compared to what would be needed to bring in a nuke or bio...

I think we are a ways away from that, and IF we are thorough in this "War," may yet avoid it in the future. The timing may be perfect, maybe too late for those that died Tuesday, but enough to fire us up to end it NOW before "mass destruction" is possible.

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

Edited by: polishshooter at: 9/17/01 12:52:24 pm

bondai
    (9/17/01 1:05:29 pm)
    The Taliban are going to invade Pakistan and capture the nukes that they have. We need to get moving or it's going to be too late.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". - Benjamin Franklin

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 1:25:46 pm)
    Actually, Bondai, the Talibun don't even control the whole of their own country.

I don't think they'd have a chance invading Pakistan, THEY have a real Army, thats got alot of experience against India.

Plus, they would NEVER be able to support any conventional force logistically, outside their borders, and that's what they would need.

Now maybe Trash Bin might try a terrorist attack to steal one, or blow one up, but then Pakistan and Afghanistan would then go to total war anyway, and destroy each other, make the Iran/Iraq war look like child's play...
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

bondai
    (9/17/01 2:11:37 pm)
    Just like Vietnam, it is hard to tell the enemy from the local population until it's too late. We can speculate all we want, time will tell.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". - Benjamin Franklin

guzda
    (9/17/01 2:51:23 pm)
    What a Hypo- What are you smokin' don there in Texas?
    LIKTOSHOOT,
    I'd get in a large cardboard carton and ship myself to you via UPS 2nd Day Air and nobody would ever find me!
    Regards,
    Guzda

Downwind

9/17/01 6:22:20 pm)
    What if they just used conventional weapons on our nuclear power plants. I guess that now conventional weapons include airliners loaded with fuel and people.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/17/01 6:39:58 pm)
    Downwind, you are correct.....they will use our on devices against us. Think of an attack on those......carry it one step further.....A bio-warfare lab............................................

Downwind
    (9/17/01 8:07:10 pm)
    And I'm always downwind.

gpostal
    (9/17/01 8:18:20 pm)
    damn i hate it when i have to agree with polish

most nukes are designed to explode above a target ,not at ground zero

ok here is what they can do ,since it is hard to get weapons grade anthrax into the country,first they infect one of themselves ,then get into the country ,take the infected one and grow the anthrax obtained from him, then they would hijack a small plane ,a Cessna is all it would take ,fly over a major city ,it would take less than a two litter bottle sprayed from above to kill millions.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/17/01 8:30:12 pm)
    GP, there`s a little more to it than that. My suitcase idea was not meant for total numbers or destruction of cities, only the panic that would be the unleashed by having a nuke go off on home soil......we saw how stupid people reacted to the WTC....gasing up, buying foods, guns , ammo. Think about what they would do if a small nuke was set off. I say the people that haven`t a clue to survival would be our own enemy......there ain`t no Swansons frozen squirrel with grits in the woods.................and all fish ain`t under plastic. Just food for thought.

gpostal
    (9/17/01 8:34:06 pm)
    good point lts ,like i stated in my rant thread the paranoia and under lying damage that was done

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 10:04:44 pm)
    Hey Downwind, I remember back in the 70s or 80s you could order from SOF magazine the DOD map with ALL potential nuke targets in the US and the fallout zones due to prevailing winds...there WERE areas in the US that would be clear in the event of an all-out Nuke war with the Soviets, but not much.

Maybe you need to track it down, move there, and we can start calling you "Upwind..."

On second thought, you don't fart alot, do you?

the real fredneck
    (9/18/01 8:15:41 am)

even the man-portable nukes have a sufficent yield to have destroyed ALL of NY's financial district if it had been set off on the 110th floor of the WTC but the real target of a nuke would have to be Washington D.C. if they could hijack a plane with a $.79 boxcutter and a $50 plane ticket it would be very possible to grab a news helicopter fly it over the capitol and pull the pin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.