Flag question

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/01 8:16:06 am)
    | Edit | Del All Flag question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    US Code: Title 4, Section 6, para 4
    The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed.

My question is what is an all weather flag? Would nylon or polyester be all weather? Is there something special that makes them all weather? I have two cotton flags. Is it ok if I designate one to be only for inclement weather, and then that would be my all weather flag?????

I forgot to add that when I was in the Army. I was on flag detail quite a bit. In inclement weather we were required to fly the storm flag. I was smaller than the regular one. But, if I remeber right it was made of cotton.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 9/13/01 9:32:46 am

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/13/01 8:24:08 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: Flag question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    warpig - you would ask that kind of a question.

But I don't think the cotton flags are considered all weather (don't know why but I just don't think they are).

I'll ask the vets at work.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/01 10:01:21 am)
    Not trying to get off the subject, but T did you get your AK?
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

TallTLynn
    (9/13/01 3:00:45 pm)
    Oh yeah I got the AK and it's not only everything you said it would be - it's more!

Terrible to fall in love with a gun my friend - but I just did.

TallTLynn
    (9/13/01 3:10:36 pm)
    warpig - every indication I got was the same as your last comment.

warpig883
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/13/01 4:13:47 pm)
    The large cotton one I had out weighed about 20 lbs after it soaked up all the rain. I went out and bought a smaller nylon one. That is the one I will use for inclement weather.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor.