1 - 1 of 1 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flhunter
(7/5/01 9:37:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All flare gun ammo for a shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read or heard somewhere about someone using a flare in a shotgun. Has anyone seen or heard of anyone trying this??
Sounds dangerous to me.

On a seperate note I was ask a question the other day..it was " Why don't they make semiwad cutters for the 9mm?
I got stumped on that one. Any ideas??

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

AntiqueDr
(7/5/01 9:57:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: flare gun ammo for a shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably not (I hope its not) a flare. There is a specialty ammo called "Dragons Breath" that shoots a pretty impressive fireball. Never had the urge to try it out myself.

Also, the semiwadcutter bullet profile doesnt play well with many semi-autos. Lots of tap-rack-bangs...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com

gpostal
(7/5/01 10:23:56 pm)
i had a few ,damn near cuaght the woods on fire ,they shoot out a flame about 100' long for around 3 seconds ,very impresive and dangerous ,looks just like the pic on the package

LIKTOSHOOT
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(7/5/01 10:38:02 pm)
Great for home defense...cook the crook, even better squirrel hunting, ain`t gotta skin`um.....BOOM!! lunch is served. hehehe

Tac401
Administrator
(8/5/01 1:57:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: flare gun ammo for a shotgun
Shomer-Tec has that ammo!
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

rayra
(8/15/01 3:42:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: flare gun ammo for a shotgun
I'm embarassed to say that in my yout, I fired a 12ga boating safety flare pistol round through my Mossberg 500.

Only smart thing about it was we were in high desert, nothing to burn.

Round / fireball traveled about 150' before striking the deck, with no muzzle elevation

We were messing with the whole exploding target / water jugs / watermelons / appliances thing.
Now I'm more content to just beat up on steel.
Rich

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(8/25/01 9:11:07 pm)
I kinda like OldGuide and his WP .50 BMG for Elk...drop, gut, and fry with one shot...

I saw lots of different 12 guage "flare" rounds today at a gun show. I know Olin used to load quite a bit of them for marine use, a department store I used to work with used to carry them.
Will I still like Mosin Nagants after I win the Powerball?

rayra
V.I.P. Member
(9/27/01 1:44:55 am)
Believe Big5 Sporting Goods chain still carries them, if not, try a boating equipment store, they sell the rounds in 3-packs, or a plastic safety-orange flare gun + rounds in one package.

Rich

Want a Capt. Stone MPEG CD? - email me! - over 60-1/2 served!

Want to read about defaulting prop sellers? Well so do I!

Giving voice to your opinions is the only way you'll ever be heard in this World.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts