The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
"She will not be charged because she was protecting her home"???

Looked to me like she was outside, and castle doctrine doesn't apply outside in Florida. You're in my house, I can shoot you deadeder'n hell. You're my front yard driving away with my car, and all I can do is stand there and watch. It's CASTLE doctrine, not ESTATE doctrine.

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
I'm just going to say, we gun guys live in a bubble. I tend to give people too much credit for their abilities and I'm shocked when I see something horribly stupid. My wife on the other hand just says, "why does this shock you at this point?" Very few average citizens understand the physics necessary for a pigeon to land a load of crap onto a city street. I've ran into folks before who wanted to shoot somewhere that was totally unsafe. I'm just glad that I was there to point it out to them at the time. However, I have to wonder what they would do in the future without saner folks present.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
"She will not be charged because she was protecting her home"???
Compare what she did to the two people in Missouri (can't remember their names) who came out of their home with their guns scaring BLM hoods away from their home. They were both charged and they never fired a shot!

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Compare what she did to the two people in Missouri (can't remember their names) who came out of their home with their guns scaring BLM hoods away from their home. They were both charged and they never fired a shot!
There was a gun-grabbing DA with an agenda in the Missouri incident. The Governor pardoned them both anyway.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
With all the innocent children in places like Chicago being shot by stray bullets so often, I wonder if it is time to change the building codes and make our walls and windows more bullet resistant. Violence, human nature (the sin nature) and stupidity seems to be on the rise again. Kevlar siding might work :rolleyes:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's quite a bit of difference between shooting a gun at people who have just robbed your home and pointing a gun at people who are standing on a public Street and are not threatening you at all

·
Super Moderator
30,042 Posts
There's quite a bit of difference between shooting a gun at people who have just robbed your home and pointing a gun at people who are standing on a public Street and are not threatening you at all
But as Alpo pointed out in post #13, she was outside her home and "castle doctrine" doesn't apply.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But as Alpo pointed out in post #13, she was outside her home and "castle doctrine" doesn't apply.
I can't speak for anybody else but I don't have enough information to comment intelligently on y the prosecutor chose not to prosecute.

Even if castle doctrine did apply would that Absolve her from liability if one of those rounds hit somebody? Does castle doctrine apply to a case of criminal negligence?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts