The Firearms Forum banner

What gun?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Florida to see the In-Laws (which I like, mostly) and while my Mexican BIL is another gun nut, I always bring my own when we travel. This year, I want to travel light. So I am vacillating between my Charter Arms lightweight .38 Special or my Glock 42 .380. I might take my Titan .25 ACP, but if you shoot someone with a .25 and they find out.............they're gonna be PO'd! :LOL:

I feel fine with either the .38 or .380 but I almost always carry my EDC and a BUG, but this trip I will most likely just tote one and extra ammo. my BIL has a bug IF I felt I needed one

What say you?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't take up much room so take them all. If that is not an option, take only the .38.
Weight is the issue for the checked bag. One suitcase with the wife, YIKES!! :eek:

Whatever carries conveniently in the front pocket of your shorts....it be hot and muggy down here ... ;) I'd bring the snub.
All three will do that very well. I am leaning towards the snub, heavily. .38 Spcl +P is a very impressive round at combat range!!

Come on Rae, say something!!

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Sig P-365 in 9mm or Ruger 6-shot 327 Federal Magnum LCR. At my age I always opt for the one that holds the most ammo. I wouldn't want to be shot by any caliber including .25, .380 or even .22LR but if there is any possibility your target will shoot back, bigger is always better.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How mean and tough are the in-laws? 😁 :oops:
It's two Sister-in-Laws, one BIL, a niece and grand-nephew. Only my BIL is a gun toter and we get along fine. The rest are mostly red heads of Italian descent!! :eek: :LOL:

And we all get along fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New guy here, this Forum looks great! Anyway, I live in Southeast Florida. Crime rate is well above the state's statistics. I personally carry a S&W SC1911 Performance Center .45 with the 4.25" barrel in a Galco shoulder holster under a light cover shirt. A large part of your decision depends on where in Florida you are going. South Broward through Miami Dade County I'd carry nothing less than 9MM+P, preferably .357 or .45ACP. Actually, if you're going to Dade County my best suggestion would be Class III body armor and 3 guns of adequate caliber. In the northern or central areas of Florida, a .38 SPL J-Frame loaded with some of the new "super loads" and a speed-loader should suffice. We are a very gun-friendly state once you get above Palm Beach County and the issue of Justification is good-guy friendly at the least.

·
Super Moderator
31,545 Posts
It's two Sister-in-Laws, one BIL, a niece and grand-nephew. Only my BIL is a gun toter and we get along fine. The rest are mostly red heads of Italian descent!! :eek: :LOL:

And we all get along fine.
Until one snaps 😱 😱 😱 .

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I drove through Oakland Park last night on my way to a concert in Ft. Lauderdale.

Bring a bazooka.
EF Hutton or Mini Gun with roof turret? Works also when running the gantlet - bring your gunner with you.

STAB?
Water Air gun Hat Machine gun Military person

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sarasota and yes I can carry here.

I brought the lightweight. 38 spcl with an IWB & pocket holster speed strip & speed loader.

😁 :eek:

At the first of two dance recitals for the week. :cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts