FOBUS holsters

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 21bravo, Apr 1, 2009.

1. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

im thinking about getting a FOBUS Roto-Holster for my XD. i already have the holster that came with the pistol and a tactical drop leg holster, but im lookin for a holster that i can just grab and put on quickly on the fly without having to un-do my belt if need be. so, what do y'all think about FOBUS holsters? and what do you think the pros and cons of a paddle holster are?

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My son is a police officer, he uses a Fobus for off duty carry. A couple of months ago, while visiting, he left his pistol on the TV when he went out for a smoke. I had never really looked at a fobus before so I picked it up and slipped it on my belt. I was really surprised how comfortable it was and how good the retention of the weapon was. I liked it so much that I now I have a Fobus for my EAA witness .45 and if they made one for a Sig P6, I would get another one.

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

FOBUS are really well made and excellent quality. They are used by some of the very best in the world, bar none.

Personal recommendation? The founder is an old friend of mine, he started making holsters on his kitchen table, and his products just got better and better.

4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

gdmoody.... not sure it's true i haven't checked it out yet but i was told a fobus for a sig 226 will fit the p225/p6

5. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

That's what I carry my sidearm in every day, a paddle Fobus holster.

Outstanding! :D

6. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

thanks for the input fellas. seeing as there are no negative reports im sure i'll end up with one within the next few weeks.:D

thats pretty neat tranter!! but id say that its nothing special to you to know all of these people..with your firearms background and the like.. still pretty cool though:cool::D

7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

No sir, it is very special. I have been very fortunate in the folk I have met and the friendships I have made. Many have been key players in the industry, and it has been my honour to know them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  8. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

+1 more for Fobus. Good for all-day carry and preferred over my other two paddle holsters.

9. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

well then.. i stand..errr...rather sit corrected:p

10. gus3836

gus3836 New Member

I do not want to be the fly in the oinment but I had a fobus for a CZ75 and I could not pull or yank the gun out with two hands. Needless to say I do not use it and bought a Comp-tac works great. Nicer hats too.. Gus

11. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

You did the right thing, the holster you had was clearly faulty.

It would perhaps have been an option to return it to the shop in exchange for another.

12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I have three Fobus holsters. My thoughts.

They advertise as "snatch-proof". Mine for the Goverment model is, if used with a full-size Government model. When I put my Kimber Pro in it (4" barrel, as opposed to the Govt. model's 5") it could be snatched. Maybe they make a holster specifically for Commander size 1911s, that would be snatch-proof. Don't know. So, the full-size holster carried the Pro fine, but it could be snatched.

I have one for a 2" S&W J frame. Works fine with my two 38s, but would not accept my two Titanium 32s. The barrel shape is slightly different. So I bought one for the 2 1/4" J frame 357s. It will accept the Ti 32s.

So, there you are. I have some. They work. I like leather better, but the price can't be beat. I'm not a big fan of paddles, though. I do like that they hold through the trigger guard, and not with some type of strap. Grab and pull, and the gun comes out. Turn the holster upside down and shake the hell out of it, and the gun stays put.

13. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I originally ordered the one for the 226 because I thought it would work with the P6, it wouldn't fit the P6 but worked fine with the EAA Witness, the model # is SG-21.

14. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I have a Fobus paddle holster that works well and is comfortable. But as far as Kydex holsters go I believe "SideArmour" to be the top of the line. I have 2, 1 for my G21 and one for my G32c and G19.

15. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I once had a kydex holster for a 1911 and wanted to use it with a Hi Power. I kept dipping it in a saucepan of boiling water and pressing it to fit. It worked. I was even able to adjust the retention till it was just right.

I love doing things like that.