The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forehand Arms Revolver .32 S&W 1890-1899 Value

17K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Flinter987 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys!
I was wondering if you could give me a value on this gun and I was also wondering if there is a way to narrow the date of manufacture down any further.
Marked in two lines: "Forehand Arms Co. Worcester Mass USA PAT'D DEC.7,86 & JAN.11,87"
- Forehand and Wadsworth grips in great condition!
- Barrel top latch locks up very tight
- Timing is on and cylinder lockup is tight enough to shoot.
- Only very, very minor pitting in barrel at spots and decent rifling.
- Has a very tiny push button cylinder release which I have not seen yet on any other guns.
- Chambered for .32 S&W? It has no throat in the chamber so a .32 Auto (which is a little longer than the .32 S&W) fits just fine! Yeah, a little scary! (BTW, I know it's BP only and that a .32 Auto would be a horrible idea!!!)
- I would give the overall finish condition of the gun an 85-90% rating.
What do you guys think it's worth? What would you be willing to pay for it if you were in the market for one?
Thanks!
Flinter

Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory

See less See more
#3 ·
There has been very little research done on Forehand/Forehand and Wadsworth. The date you have is about as close as you are going to get. Forehand closed it's doors in 1902. Your revolver is about in as good condition as I've seen. That is a gun that was put in the sock drawer for the times when things go bump in the night and left there for a hundred years. The best way to find a current value is cruise the various auction sites see what the winning price is. I think yours would go for at least 300 maybe more if a bidding war starts. Best I can do, perhaps others have more or even more valid information for you Hope that helps, shoot safe. Almost forgot, 32 S&W short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.