The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally found 9 bricks of .22lr ammo,aguila is brand name ..cost $40 a brick 500 rnds to brick..is this a good price?..is this poor,fair or good ammo?:confused:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I belive its made in Mexico, could be wrong there, heard both ok and not so ok, depends on use I guess, something about its velocity rating, still a little high in price though it seems to me, should be coming back down more hopefully but probably won't ever get as low as we were used too, just lucky to have found some even.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Which aquila is it? They make around 15 different .22lr types. They have good solid performing ammo from my experience. As far as price, that seems a bit high for their standard loads, but I would buy it up anyways. There just is so little .22 available right now that a few extra bucks isn't going to ruin my day.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
40 to 60 a brick, for about any brand of .22LR ammo, is becoming the "new normal" around here

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you sure hunter that there is 550 rounds to the ammo you found in .22 rimfire. That would be 11 boxes i have never seen anything other than 10. I did see once a promotion that added two (2) boxes but as i said it was a promotion.

bigdad5

finally found 9 bricks of .22lr ammo,aguila is brand name ..cost $40 a brick 550 rnds to brick..is this a good price?..is this poor,fair or good ammo?:confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
For some brands, a brick is 550 rounds poured loose into the box, instead of 10 little boxes of 50 stacked into 1 big box. Personally, I like the little boxes, handier to slip into my pocket. But who doesn't like 50 more shells. I wish I could get any at all, right now.

·
Registered
751 Posts
have used lots of it with no complaints,, aquila is supposed to be mexican subsiduary of federal ,, or so i have been told

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts