Found a new source

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by SilasW, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Had to make a trip to Cape Girardeau, MO today. A friend had been telling me of a gun shop there where he buys his reloading supplies. Since I was in the area anyway, I stopped in. Nice place. They had a good supply of powder and primers. Plenty of bullets too.
    Found a left handed IBW leather holster for my Walther for $17.00. Picked up a 100 pc box of Hornady 115 gn 9mm XTP's for $19.00.
    On the way home stopped by a place that sells sausage and sandwiches. They have 25 varieties of bratwurst. Bought the best Rubén sandwich I've had in years and a pound of horseradish cheese. Only trouble is I'm wanting to go back and it's 100 miles each way.

ms6852, pdkfishing, chaswea and 2 others like this.
  2. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Next time give me a heads up and I'll join you!

chaswea and SilasW like this.

3. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

I'd say the same but it's more than 100 for me.

We had a new shop open in St. James but I haven't been there. Need to go see what they have. The guy is supposed to be a gunsmith as well.

pdkfishing, chaswea and SilasW like this.
  4. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

I like St James. Stayed there several times for "trout park weekends." There was a hole-in the wall diner that had great burgers. I forget the name of the place. It was across the street from the pawn shop up by the railroad tracks.
    I'll have to make a trip to check out the new shop.

5. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sausages and reloading supplies, what a day!

SilasW likes this.
  6. sharps4590

Silas, that restaurant has changed hands and been open and closed a half dozen times in the last 5-8 years. It might even be a real estate office now....not sure.

I'm told that new shop has....unusual hours. I'll get over there the next day or two and find out and post. It's called Iron something and is right on 68, downtown on the east side of the street. About a block north of the restaurant you mentioned. If you come over, let me know.

SilasW likes this.
  7. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I wish we lived closer. I'd go with ya.

SilasW and sharps4590 like this.
  8. sharps4590

Me too. That's the trouble with the internet, so many folks a fella has so much in common with are so far away.

gvw3, SilasW and pdkfishing like this.
  9. pdkfishing

pdkfishing Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Put in lifetime supply of powder, primers, bullets and brass before the 2008 elections and am still in pretty good shape. Did buy another pound of RX7 (my go to powder for cast) a while back. Also recently acquired two dozen new Norma 7X65R cases for the bargain price of zero. As Mudman says from time to time, life is good. :)
    My LGS has a pretty good supply of everything. Only about a 12 hour drive for you Missourians :D

10. BAH

BAH Active Member

Sausage and reloading supplies. Throw in the Star Spangled Banner for a complete July 4th weekend. Best to all here on the forum!

11. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been a long time since I've been up there. Seems like I remember the last trip through there it was closed. Back in the mid-eighties, when the wife and I were newly married, we used to spend a couple of week ends a month at the trout park. There was a place back then called "The Barn BBQ" had great food. It's gone now, heard it burned down.
    Good local reloading sources are few and far between here. Probably should have bought more powder and primers yesterday.

12. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Seems I need to find a reason to make my way up towards Rolla more and more every passing day. I think later this summer I may just have to make it happen if I can. Got a few important things in the coming weeks, but once that is settled I will have to see about that happening.

sharps4590 likes this.