The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you, to AzShooter, who sent me a PM last night. He told me about CCI's website and the availability of some .22 Magnum ammunition. I went there this morning and they did, indeed, have some rimfire ammo in stock. I ordered a brick of Maxi-Mags directly from CCI. The cost was $16.99 a box, which to me is a little high but since I was willing to pay it, not too high!

CCI is a forum sponsor, by the way, so I am posting a link to their site: https://www.cci-ammunition.com

·
Premium Member
20,091 Posts
I was at my LGS range with my family this morning. They didn't have much ammo. 38s-357 only if you bought a gun. They did have 9mm for use in the range for $27. Not much in the way of guns and the range was empty. No 22 anything.

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a brick of SV 22 lr on 4/24 from Cascade Cartage Inc. haven't seen it yet, but their website says ships in 20 days so they have a few more days to get here.
The CCI site says that it will be 15-20 business days before the order is shipped.

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forget who it was that posted a few weeks ago that CCI had 22lr, so I snatched up a brick. (y)
I wish i could stop at the factory and pick it up, I drive right by it to get my new out-house.
They don't have a "company store"?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
The local Cal-Ranch store says there ammo when they get it in if any has gone up 10 to 15% because all they manufactures have raised there prices.So that is the new normal price.What we paid in the past is gone forever.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,234 Posts
Thanks for passing it on, George. That's actually not a bad price. The last time I bought CCI 22 mags it cost $75 / 200 rds. No primers there, I noticed...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I bought about 1K each of .22mag and .17HMR from a friend who had sold his firearms in each caliber. I believe I paid about $100 total, before all this craziness. A good buy. 👍

The new normal, is crazy.

$2/rnd for centerfire handgun ammo? Pass. Just posted a comment about this in my Kahr 45 thread.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I was in Sportsman's Warehouse last Thursday in NW Tucson and they had CCI .22 Mag for $18.99 / box...I thought to my self that i was thankful I had close to 2k rnds at home so didn't buy...but that's the 1st .22 Mag ammo I've seen in over a yr...no .17 HMR on the shelves...I'm starting to realize that the 'new' normal of pricing could be with us permanently...:confused:

·
GUNZILLA
7,360 Posts
It seems like a pretty decent price to me. Before this shortage I was buying all kinds of 22 mag by the cases and depending on manufacturer it was priced from $11.99 to $15.99. A dollar more for CCI is a good deal to me.

·
Premium Member
19,261 Posts
Thought about this last night as i was trying to fall asleep. Since i'm going to be in Oklahoma next week if they still have any Magnum ammo left i'll just use my Son's home address and have him send it to me. That's one way to get around Cuomo's insane SAFE act Crap!!:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Joe - a word of advice Sir. I would do the same thing, but I would not post about it on an online Forum. Personally, I would delete a couple sentences of the above post. Better safe than sorry.

-Ken-

·
Registered
18,174 Posts
i got lucky at a small show this weekend and found a box of 17hmr and 22 mag. higher than normal price.. but not the usual gouger price.

Glad you found some GD!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts