The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,302 Posts
Joe - a word of advice Sir. I would do the same thing, but I would not post about it on an online Forum. Personally, I would delete a couple sentences of the above post. Better safe than sorry.

-Ken-
The heck with that! I'd rather be sorry!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Okey dokey. Good Luck.

I lived up there. We (my Military Bud's and I, did not comply with the SAFE Act.) (But) We did not advertise it. Most of us have moved out of State. Screw Cuomo.

Big Brother IS watching.

·
GUNZILLA
7,397 Posts
Joe - a word of advice Sir. I would do the same thing, but I would not post about it on an online Forum. Personally, I would delete a couple sentences of the above post. Better safe than sorry.

-Ken-
Agree^^^^^^^, you and your son now have a target on your back from all the alphabet government agencies that have their own government.

Reactions: KenK/84Bravo

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Found a new site, at least to me, called Deguns.net. Just checked and they have 300BO, 5.56, and others along with shotshells.

I have not used them, just passing on information.

Larry

·
GUNZILLA
7,397 Posts
Thought about getting a couple boxes, but of course my commie state is on their restricted list!:mad:
Hey Joe! Am not familiar with NY laws. Is it illegal to purchase ammo online there?

·
Premium Member
19,302 Posts
Hey Joe! Am not familiar with NY laws. Is it illegal to purchase ammo online there?
A few companies will send ammo to us if you don't live in the City. I guess they read the SAFEACT rules different. That's how they get around the law. I have bought lots of .22 ammo from them in the past, but a case of .22s that used to cost about $200.00 dollars now is close to 1K. But yeah the SAFE ACT makes it illegal to buy ammo over the net unless you are a FFL holder. Most sellers say right up front that if you live in these 5 or 6 states we cannot ship it to you. Usually when it comes to restrictions for anything NY is always on a list.

·
GUNZILLA
7,397 Posts
A few companies will send ammo to us if you don't live in the City. I guess they read the SAFEACT rules different. That's how they get around the law. I have bought lots of .22 ammo from them in the past, but a case of .22s that used to cost about $200.00 dollars now is close to 1K. But yeah the SAFE ACT makes it illegal to buy ammo over the net unless you are a FFL holder. Most sellers say right up front that if you live in these 5 or 6 states we cannot ship it to you. Usually when it comes to restrictions for anything NY is always on a list.
Sucks for you and everyone else.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Premium Member
19,302 Posts
Sucks for you and everyone else.
Even with the restrictions for us way up here in the North crime is waaaay up in the City, so they are getting ammo from someplace, cause there isn't any on the store shelves. Maybe the Alphabet agencies should spend some of their time worrying about them rather than my son gifting me 2 boxes of ammo!

·
GUNZILLA
7,397 Posts
Maybe the Alphabet agencies should spend some of their time worrying about them rather than my son gifting me 2 boxes of ammo!
I doubt that will happen, it is easier to arrest law abiding citizens than the true criminals running rampant in the streets. Only way I see they can justify their jobs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ammo is available. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to pay. I've seen 500 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity sell for $65 plus $15 shipping on ********* just a day or two ago. That's $10 a box of 50 if you break it down. A lot of money but it's better than the gun show or LGS prices~!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
What did your per round price (incl. shipping) come out to be ysacres? If you care to share.

Reactions: chaswea

·
Super Moderator
28,643 Posts
What did your per round price (incl. shipping) come out to be ysacres? If you care to share.
He bought it direct from CCI and their site is showing $3.99 a box when they have it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
If that is 500 rnds. (As it appears to be) that is 10.38/rnd. (If I am correct) for standard velocity lead round nose. I paid 16 cents per round for high velocity copper plated HP.

Neither of which is really good. (But) At least we have some. It could be worse.

·
Registered
402 Posts
If that is 500 rnds. (As it appears to be) that is 10.38/rnd. (If I am correct) for standard velocity lead round nose. I paid 16 cents per round for high velocity copper plated HP.

Neither of which is really good. (But) At least we have some. It could be worse.
I came up with .08

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
That's exactly what I thought, when I read your 1st post. (Shipping.)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts