Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

z537z
    (2/14/03 9:01:02 pm)
    Reply Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Found this site: Looks really good. PDF format.

proveit.www8.50megs.com/
    Click on "download targets" and you're good to go.

Also: Has anyone had any experience with a Beretta model 87 target pistol? I know it's accurate, just looking for reliability (feeding, firing, durability, etc.) info.

Thanks all.

_z

thomasray
    (2/14/03 10:10:06 pm)
    Reply Re: Free targets! and Beretta 87 info?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And the 87 is $500 for a plinker. Get a Ruger............ for half.

z537z
    (2/15/03 12:01:29 am)
    Reply good call
    Ruger's probably the way to go.

Any noticable difference betweent the bull (target) and tapered barrel when it comes to accuracy? It is STEEL.

I just want something Italian until I get that Ferrari.

Broke as ever,

_z

thomasray
    (2/15/03 7:44:16 pm)
    Reply Re: good call
    i recently got a ruger 45/22 with a 4" bull barrel cause it feels good. in a longer barrel it might make a difference is accuracy but not in a 4 ". a ruger mark 2 has a bit more angle on the grip. otherwise same gun. foolproof weapon.

they go at auctionarmsdotcom for 220 ect. i paid 239 at my gun shop.

z537z
    (2/15/03 8:25:45 pm)
    Reply Thanks, but...
    Fact is, despite my pipe dreams, I'm looking to spend like 250 or less on a pistol.
    Walther P22 looks nice and I think I could get the feed problem fixed (magazine issue).

I just don't like the look of the Ruger as much, and the rotary bolt I don't like. Blowback is the way to go for me.

Anything I'm forgetting? Taurus revolvers are crap.
    Beretta 87 Cheetah? Still 400, but...

_z

Trog777
    (3/1/03 8:06:14 pm)
    Reply Re: 87T info/opinion
    I've been really impressed with my Beretta 87T. I'm still searching for which ammo it likes the best as far as accuracy/price goes, but so far it has eat everything it was fed. The only dislike I have for the gun is the plastic grips feel really sharp textured to me and I replaced mine with a walnut set off a model 85. I'm taking it to the range 'scoped' for the first time this week. Can't wait.

z537z
    (3/11/03 6:44:28 pm)
    Reply 87...
    Be sure to lemme know what happens at the range Trog! I agree, plastic stinks.

Hurry! I'm back at this forum and antsy to drool over guns I can't legally buy yet again.

_z

Last edited: Mar 12, 2003