The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend / hunting partner wanted to go to the Poultney fish n game range so he could sight in his breach load 308 with some reloads. He asks, what are you going to bring, I say my AR. When I showed in the bullet he said "why do you need such a big bullet" I asked what caliber is your muzzle loader, "he said .50" I asked him why such a big bullet? End of conversation.
I did decent last 2 rounds where 1 or so apart center mass. He never got closer than 4 or 5 inches in 2 shots.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
In the AR do you mean bullet or cartridge and, if cartridge, which cartridge for the AR? If bullet, what caliber and weight? With the ML, it could only be bullet but the AR, the bullet is simply the projectile.

·
Premium Member
19,281 Posts
Just out of curiosity; why did your friend ask about the size of the bullets you were using? Does the size of bullets give him some concern?
The reason he probably asked firedog what he was bringing to the range is because he was wondering if he was going to bring that tank he shows in his posts.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just out of curiosity; why did your friend ask about the size of the bullets you were using? Does the size of bullets give him some concern?
Im not sure why he was questioning the size and why I wanted it so big

In the AR do you mean bullet or cartridge and, if cartridge, which cartridge for the AR? If bullet, what caliber and weight? With the ML, it could only be bullet but the AR, the bullet is simply the projectile.
.50 Beowulf speer 325 gr
Must be because the Evil, Black Assault rifle shoots hundreds of rounds a second. That's how the LameStream media describes them. Maybe your friend drank the Kool-Aid.
Oh no he hates Liberals no cool aid drinking there, total 100% Trump Supporter, gun owning and toting person

·
Registered
15 Posts
Friend and I go the range to sight in some rifles and try out some new reloads. I bring my .458 win magnum as one of mine. He asks why do I have it. Told him in case of sudden elephant attacks. He responds we don't have elephants around here. Smiled and told him exactly, so it is doing it's job. Wouldn't talk to me for 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
Just 'cause it ain't happened don't mean it won't. That's why there's a 450/400 napping in the safe....:D

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
several years ago at at range i was getting tighter groups at 100 yards with a round ball 50 custom i built muzzleloader than you guys with your modern rifles. mine were all holes touching. it really pee'd off a lot of you guys with modern rifles. made me feel really good.i know how to make the muzzleloader talk. shot deer and antelope at 150 yards with it then gave it to my son.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts