The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's friend and her husband used to be in competition shooting but gave it up. He is now on the other side. Anti gun lib. He told her he wants all this out of the house. My son wants to buy it but doesn't know what its worth. She also has other ammo she will through in.

Should he buy it? What price? He don't own any rifle that would shot .223 so this would be an investment.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Offer $100 if he wants it gone........once in your son's hands, tell him to run off laughing.

Worth their weight in Gold right now.

Worth at least $300 per 1K at a normal market......right now people are paying double even triple depending on what type it is.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Depends on what kind it is. Normal average price for brass fmj is around 400.00 per thousand. The gougers are selling it for 800.00 + per thousand right now. I normally pay about 329.00 per thousand for steel case russian. So, it depends on brand and load etc.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I would be interested if he isnt.

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
He needs to get it before they realize what its worth and what the demand for it is right now.......all I am saying. Good luck.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
yep - buy it - I agree, but I'd say offer $125 then if they say no, hem and haw then say well.... I guess I could go to 150....

get it as cheap as possible and run with it.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Buy, buy, buy.
you would be smart to get it bought and quick.
anything you pay around or under $400 per thousand is a good deal and you will make good money on it

I don't know what it is, probly 55 gr but, dang, why don't I find these deals?:confused:

·
Banned
10,196 Posts
My son's friend and her husband used to be in competition shooting but gave it up.
OK I can see this happening

He is now on the other side. Anti gun lib.
What? Drank a large amount of Juice eh?

He told her he wants all this out of the house. Yea this happens all the time :rolleyes: weirdos

My son wants to buy it but doesn't know what its worth. She also has other ammo she will through in.

Should he buy it? What price? He don't own any rifle that would shot .223 so this would be an investment.

I wonder if it was reloaded

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My son will find out tomorrow. He won't rip her off as she is a friend. Her problem is her Illinois firearms card is about to expire and she has to get it out of her house. She can't renew her card due to her husband.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Her problem is her Illinois firearms card is about to expire and she has to get it out of her house. She can't renew her card due to her husband.
Well, I know what my answer to that situation would be...but maybe she is happily married to the guy.
I'd definitely be getting something out of the house. :D

I agree with the other guys on prices posted. .223 and/or 5.56 is pretty hard to come by (just like darn near everywhere else lately).

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well, I know what my answer to that situation would be...but maybe she is happily married to the guy.
I'd definitely be getting something out of the house. :D

I agree with the other guys on prices posted. .223 and/or 5.56 is pretty hard to come by (just like darn near everywhere else lately).
I was at a gun yesterday and some of the .223 was selling for $125/hundred rounds. It all sold. Some of the .22LR sold at $60 - $85/500 round brick and it all sold.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
find out if reloads.. and if 223 or 5.56, then offer accordingly.

anything 350$/1000 and under for commercially produced ammo, and you would be fine even if you held it and sold at normal prices.. as 350/1000 WAS about going rate. mind you as said. right NOW it could be a buck a round ...

even if you paid 1000$ for all 3000 rounds.. you could turn around and sell it the next 5 minutes for 2000$ and get your investment back plus 1k$ profit AND whoever bought it is still getting it at 30-40% cheaper than going price.

offering 1000$ for the 3000rnds is likely CLOSE to what they paid for it when they were shooting.. soe that is a more than fair offer as they are not loosing anything. in their situation.. even if they lost a little bit it would still be fair.

just make sure they are not relaods. that will substantially lower their (saleable)value..

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I would offer them 500 and a roll of Obama toilet paper and feel real good about it....

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
ya know. if they hate the stuff so much.. i wouldn't feel bad asking what they wanted out of it and then lowballing them. work friend or not.. that knuckled under and caved in.

which one of their other rights do they want to see out next?

speech? how much is it worth?

lotsa of people died making this a free country. was hard work back when we were a young country.

look where we went thru the 1900's surpassing many govt's and established countries that predated us as a culture many times over... and look where we are falling to now... :(

·
Premium Member
19,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have never heard of a gun owner switching sides and becoming an "anti"

...weird....
From what she told my son he found God. He became real religious and turned against guns. I never met ether of them.

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
From what she told my son he found God. He became real religious and turned against guns. I never met ether of them.
That's funny because God has blessed me with my guns and of course, plenty of ammo. It's like Jesus said, sell your cloak and buy a sword.

·
Super Moderator
41,400 Posts
I consider myself really religious, not to the point of being fanatical, so maybe I need to sell off 40 or so of my guns.

NOT!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts