The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday I received a call from my gunsmith who told me another of his customers had brought in 3 lbs. of black powder. He told Mark to sell them to anyone who needed/wanted it for $20.00 and Mark told me the first person he thought of was me.... 馃榿 I went out to get the powder and what he had was two cans from DuPont and two from GOI. 2 cans of Ffg and two of FFFg. One of the Dupont cans only had about a tablespoon of powder in it so I dumped it in the other can. Other than getting BP for cheap, the fun was getting two cans marked DuPont and marked at.......$2.60 a can. The GOI wasn't marked. I'll have to check to see when DuPont stopped making BP but it's been a while. From the price maybe the 60's? Friends are a good thing!!!

Registered
Nice score!

Premium Member
Dang! Good for you Vic. Bought my first can of real BP, ffg at my first OK gun show. Up to now I had to settle for substitutes. Now go make some noise.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
It is as new. Black powder, being a mechanical mixture rather than a chemical compound, has a shelf life of approximately 1200 years....or more.

Reactions: BlackEagle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts