Friendship

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (3/30/01 12:01:33 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Friendship
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anybody going to the Spring Shoot this year? I usually go on the first weekend. I used to belong to the NMLRA, but never shot a match. The primitive ones were the ones that thrilled me, along with the 'hawk throwing.

I need to pick up another neat vent pick, my good one broke, some good flints for my Hopkins Allen Minuteman (that lock is way too finicky), some conicals for my 1860, and a .690 mould, maybe a conical .44 revolver one too... (Gonna start experimenting with "Punkin balls" in the '97.)

And there used to be a good dealer there called the "Gunrunner" that has a lot of C&Rs in the fleamarket too...

My best trip to Friendship was about 8 years ago. Hit the Dixie booth on day one, and they had some "backroom cleanout specials." Picked up the 20 year old Minuteman Brush flintlock, NIB, with a little tarnish on the brass, for $100...they had a BUNCH of good deals all gone by the end of the day, wish I had more money with me...

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/4/01 10:11:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Friendship
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Polish, I may be there June 15 -16. If my trade goes well next week I'll need to pick up a .45 cal. barrel. Now, I need to get a current copy of Muzzel Blast to find barrel manfacturers.

polishshooter
    (4/7/01 6:39:33 pm)
    When it gets closer, Shooter, maybe we can make plans to meet. I don't get Muzzleblasts anymore, since I let my membership lapse, or I'd help you out.

In fact, when IS the Spring Shoot this year? Is the 15-16th the first or second weekend?

I missed it one year because they didn't post it in our local newspaper like they normally do, or I missed it, and I forgot!

May just have to join the NMLRA again...

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (4/7/01 7:41:50 pm)
    I will find out the exact dates and let you know.

polishshooter
    (6/3/01 10:19:55 pm)
    I dug out some Muzzleblasts when I was cleaning the garage, what are you looking for Shooter?