Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Fritz Mann ID please

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ArmedVet, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ArmedVet

ArmedVet New Member

image.jpg image.jpg Hello,

I inherited this from my grandfather. On the left it say: Cal 6.35(?). There is an "S" and then an "F". Then it says "Fritz Mann, Suil-Patente" I didn't misspell...the patent has an e on the end. Nothing in the right.

2. ArmedVet

ArmedVet New Member

Sorry. Also found these numbers 7577-21 image.jpg

3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The Mann is an early German pocket pistol, and one of the smaller ones. The gun is missing the safety, the magazine baseplate is damaged, and the grips are missing. These were made from 1920-1924 and are rare.

4. ArmedVet

ArmedVet New Member

Thank you. Not looking to sell but to take care of it as much as I can. What are the chances that I can find another magazine and safety?

5. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The mag can probably be repaired. Finding parts is going to be difficult.
    Try Numrich Arms and Jack First guns.

ArmedVet likes this.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The little gun was only made from 1920 to 1923, it didn't sell well, perhaps to its strange design. As Bill posted, parts are going to be very hard to find,. The German site " Vest pocket collector " has a very good breakdown on the gun and there is an E-Mail address for contact, a very long shot but he might be able to point you in the right direction. Just remember, if you run into a dishonest overseas parts dealer, well you take your chances and smile if you lose.

7. ArmedVet

ArmedVet New Member

Lol. Do my homework and buyer beware...got it! I am in no rush and the search will be part of the fun. I'm just honored to own it.