Frog Lube

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by JLA, Jan 13, 2012.

1. philwarner

philwarner New Member

Thanks, I had read this thread before I posted but still had some questions. So...

Is heat recommended when using the solvent?

Is there a temperature not to exceed when applying the CLP?

Can paste be applied and then heated or is it best to heat first?

Is there an advantage to the paste over the liquid?

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The heat is a method of application derrived from our own use of the product. Heat is good, use it. A hairdryer on high will suffice.

Mark B. likes this.

3. Tdubb

Tdubb Member

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. i have been using Froglube for about a year and love it. I have never tried the heat method but will now, I can tell you that I carried my muzzleloader a lot this year for deer hunting, and being out in the cold then in a warm house several times it would draw moisture as soon as i stepped in the house, and no rust at all.

4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welome to the forum Tdubb;
    you have found the friendliest shooting forum around. It's a great place to hang out and share ideas and thoughts. We like good discussions and to help each other out. Pull up a chair and keyboard and enjoy.

5. jprtn

jprtn New Member

Is it possible to get a sample of this frog lube? I have never heard of it before

6. BlackEagle

7. jprtn

jprtn New Member

I shoot a Taurus pt 92 on a regular basis but own a whole multitude of guns that require constant attention especially during the summer Arkansas has humidity Like no other I am going to find some of this and try it

8. BlackEagle

The link above will take you to the shop site; and you can order online there.

Give us a report when you get it. ;)

From what I've seen this should help a lot curing the Arkansas humidity problem.

9. zant

zant Well-Known Member

NOT impressed in the least-LUCAS gun lube is far superior....but possibly I'm not using it correctly.

10. BrettaGuy1099

BrettaGuy1099 New Member

Great stuff, works for everything that I have used it on.

11. Mark B.

Mark B. New Member

I won a bunch of this stuff from a silent auction. I really like the liquid CLP for the AR BCG and the paste for everything else on the AR, BUT for my Glocks I still prefer the Tetragun

12. wvgunner

wvgunner New Member

Frog lube works great and tastes pretty good.

13. AnthemBassMan

AnthemBassMan Member

Another FrogLube user here. One thing some people do is to not apply it properly the first time. You're supposed to warm up the metal before applying. I have the paste form. Brush it on the warmed metal and let it sit for about an hour. It acts almost like you're seasoning a cast iron skillet.

After the hour is up, get a microfiber towel and wipe everything off. The metal will feel slick but not greasy. One thing is DO NOT use any other oils will FrogLube. FrogLube actually dissolves petroleum products. I've used it on our pistols and our rifles. It's great being able to clean up after shooting with a couple dry patches and a microfiber towel.

L8R,
    Matt

Jim Clarke likes this.
  14. Jim Clarke

Jim Clarke New Member

I use it on everything. From 22lr thru 50BMG. Its better than advertised and not a burden on the wallet.

Lucas also makes a very good gun cleaning oil.

15. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

I use froglube on my sons ar-15 and it is great. Paying the high prices for the froglube solvent/degreasers gets old. Hoppes 9 solvent and others leave a residue that should be avoided. Has anyone found 70% rubbing alcohol effective? Just thought about the alcohol after the hopes...hmmmm.... Any thoughts?