From the Afghan Battlefront

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/13/01 4:14:21 am)
    | Edit | Del All From the Afghan Battlefront
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.msnbc.com/news/670828.asp?cp1=1

A good article / interview with the special forces leader who worked with Karzai, led efforts towards Kanduhar, and led the troops who got bombed.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/13/01 10:03:24 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: From the Afghan Battlefront
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good post Ray!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

BlackGun
    (12/13/01 10:21:44 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: From the Afghan Battlefront
    Excelent reading
    IT'S GOD'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FORGIVE BIN LADEN...
    IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!!!"
    BlackGUN

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/14/01 12:33:50 am)
    Thanks Ray
    Browning-The Best There Is.

warpig883
    (12/14/01 6:07:23 am)
    Great post.
    Know what?

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/14/01 1:01:19 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    From the Afghan Battlefront
    Interesting insights to the action underway.....
    We are thankful to have men like the 5th SFs!
    And, the support they are getting.
    Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.
    Charlie D
    The secret of happiness is freedom
    and the secret of freedom is courage.

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/15/01 1:09:17 am)
    GREAT post Ray, kinda spells out EXACTLY the classic mission the beanies are intended for...living, eating, drinking, breathing with indig troops, gaining their confidence and respect, training them to fight the most effective way, with modern weapons, and then in many cases LEADING them effectively in their OWN battles, battles that have US interests at stake, battles that without the indigs, hundreds or thousands of US troops would be needed to fight, at massive cost, both money, time, and US casualties, with no guarantee of a WIN.

Success is when the Indigs LISTEN and FOLLOW their commands, it is NOT easy to get them to do this, the beanies have to work like hell to accomplish this...If they screw up, act arrogant, or "superior," they get a lot of "No speaka English..." and dumb looks from the troops who won't take orders from "foriegners..."
    When successful, they consider the beanies "one of theirs..." and will DIE for them...

Keeping the Berets when all the rest of the Army and DOD wanted to disband them was maybe the ONLY thing JFK did that was right...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/16/01 12:59:48 am)
    How's this for eerie? -

Driving from Los Angeles up to the Sierras (Lake Isabella) on Thursday morning, and lo and behold, while exiting the highway, and transiting the outskirts of NE Bakersfield heading for the foothills, I turned the corner into a veritable swarm of CHP, Kern Cty Sheriffs, and some Military Police - and right there in front of me was the memorial service for Brian Prosser, taking place at a cemetary I've passed scores of times.

Wanted to stop. Wearing construction togs, truck loaded with firewood and tools, just didn't feel appropriate.

May stop by someday soon to pay my respects

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.