Fu$@*&$, *#96@*!,

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 5, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

shooter22
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 3:22:52 pm)
    Reply Fu$@*& $, *#%@*!,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the whole "medical catch 22 system" should be sent to the crapper! MAkes me want to go in the hospital and die, that way they get stuck with the cost. But first have a bunch of stuff done, then die! That way theyare stuck with a buttload!

Sorry, don't mind me. It just helps. My yelling at the computer is not doing any good.

Don't ask! It'll just get me started again.

shooter22

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/16/01 6:10:49 pm)
    Reply Re: Fu$@*& $, *#%@*!,
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are talking about insurance - been there, done that. Damn medical insurance is why I have high blood pressure. Amazing how they loose claims, find ways claims are not covered, etc.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/16/01 8:10:32 pm)

Re: Fu$@*& $, *#%@*!,
    Been going through the same thing with those
    bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 10:12:59 pm)
    Reply Re: Fu$@*& $, *#%@*!,
    I've got the rotten system beat!!! I am so screwed up that noboby will even think about selling me any health coverage.
    They covered my wife but they disallowed her bad back and high blood pressure.......THEN they charged extra to disallow the two conditions, try to figure that one out. The only fun I had lately with them(Fortis) was cancelling my son's coverage as
    he is now a ward of Uncle Sams Misguided Children(USMC) and they have to take care of him. In this dept none of us can win.....but don't get injured or get a life threatening illness without hospitalization.....it's a real catch 22 situation.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/18/01 12:30:22 am)
    Re: Fu$@*& $, *#%@*!,
    Yep teehee, a real mess!

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/18/01 1:29:00 pm)
    Insurance Coverage???
    Tac, why doesn't The Firearm Forum form a "shooters"
    group plan? Also, by doing this we could enjoin our coverages with other groups...such as National Sporting Clays Assoc, etc etc.(Gun clubs and so forth)
    Its worth researching and can be sold online readily...
    Form a committee with staff of "Shooter related organizations" there is strength in numbers. Adequate interest and involvement would be simple to research in a short period of time.
    Enough so to establish validity, financial feasibility and indicators acceptable for marketing and product definition(s).
    Give it a shot TAC401....

Charlie D
    Research efforts must be confidential etc....

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/18/01 4:26:51 pm)
    Reply Re: Insurance Coverage???
    I have to have a Kemo shot once every three months for the next two years @ $1750.00 apop. I had Hell getting it approved through my (Blue Cross) plan
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/18/01 10:21:39 pm)
    Re: Insurance Coverage???
    Charlie,

That's a good idea but I don't have a clue as to
    how to go about doing something like that and
    right now I'm so bogged down with work here
    in the new house/shop that I'm lucky when I
    can get here to the site by 11:00 P.M.

If you or anyone wants to find out about it
    and let me know what you come up with
    then that would move things along a lot
    quicker, I probably won't be back on a
    normal schedule for another month or
    two however, it sounds like a pretty
    good idea.

Tac

Bob In St Louis
    (10/19/01 7:38:08 am)
    I know my current insurance runs out by the end of the month, then I have to buy that expensive "Cobra" extension until I get new coverage. Dang, is that expensive!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/19/01 10:26:25 pm)
    Re: Insurance Coverage???
    Someone point me in the right direction and o'l
    Tac will put the pedal to the metal!

gpostal
    (10/25/01 10:57:19 am)
    a few years ago I was fortunate enough to obtain a double hernia {no insurance} they told me it would be around 3500.00 ,so I figured my insurance would be around 5000.00 to 6000.00 a year ,if my surgery would be even 4000.00 I would be ahead ,so I had it done got the bill 12000.00 ,had out patient surgery ,the seven dollar zantac didn't, bother me but they charged me for two days stay ,450.00 a day and they charged me for having four extra people in the surgery room {still dumb founded on that one} and also tagged on for four 500 ml ,I V's at 80.00 each ,now how does a person use that much iv in three hours ? ,the mean b$^&% on the phone told me [ you don't know what they used you were unconscious ] ,I only had one iv in to start and one empty when I awoke

I know they use allot of stuff during surgery but the list was six pages long

Mesen
    (10/26/01 5:28:44 am)
    and you guys thought all the criminals were in prison or Afghanistan
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/3/01 8:41:51 pm)
    After my back surgery in 97, I had a ton of extraneous charges on my bill. Luckily, my wife or mom stayed in the hospital with me the entire time (except while in surgery). They were able to dispute many parts of the bill. Disputes and several complaints cut my portion of the bill almost in half.

Now I am covered by a different insurance plan. I can't seem to go to the doctor's office without having to later make several calls to the office and my insurance company to try and straighten out all the billing.

My wife and I were discussing this today. It seems that there is an evil plot being played out by many insurance companies. If you put up with their crap, then they don't pay. If you make enough calls and complain enough, they will finally pay their portion.

H.