Full size scope on 10/22?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mo jenkins, Mar 25, 2003.

1. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

I want to mount a full size 3x9 scope on my 10/22. I was wondering if people use a smaller "tip-off" rail or if there is a full size weaver rail for this particular job??? Any help is appreciated.

2. warpig

warpig Guest

I put full size scopes on all my .22s. It really makes them into a RIFLE instead of plinkers.

I don't own a 10-22 but I am sure the full size rail is available

3. stuporman

stuporman Guest

Full Size Scopes?

I guess thats why I had to mount a Volq Rail to the top of my 22 to put my swift 4x12x50 scope on it.

I did not know what the heck that itty-bitty dove tail was for on it.

Volq makes a great barrel/receiver mounting kit.

:rolleyes:

4. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

scope

Yup,
    I'll have to look around for the rail. And I might just end up havin' to buy a couple a' more 22's. I can't believe that I only own one! A rifle and NO 22 handguns... SHEESH, it's almost some kinda' mortal sin or sumthin'!!! Now, if I just didn't have those two Smiths and that one "new" yugo rearsenaled K-98, all on lay-away....... HMMMMM.... I guess that's what Uncle Sam gives me that refund for.....

5. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

I just used the rail that come with my 10/22 to mount my 4x40 world class.

6. Whitefang81

Whitefang81 Guest

Yes u can, I went to my job to the hunteing departement and found that weaver makes a rail for the 10/22, this rail will accept both sizes of rings, Right now i have a Bushnell 3-9X by 35 mm scope which i picked up for 50 bucks. It works great. I also use weaver 1 inch rings made for a rimfire rail, (the smaller ones) but if i wanted to through my dads Red dot off the Shot gun i can with out a problem hope this helps.

7. NEtracker

NEtracker Guest

I just used the Weaver TO-09 with Millett rings to mount my full size Weaver V24 6-24x42 AO scope on my K10/22T, w/ Fajen thumbhole stock. It looks great, and works great!
    (I did start out with a basic 3x9 Tasco, but that got moved to the .22 magnum)