The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the Military Channel for the past couple of days (it's free on Dish right now). Well anyway, I am watching the World at War right now. It is talking about right before MacArthur's return to the Philippines, how certain islands had to be taken. I see a guy shooting an M1 Garand and the thing shoots what might be 6 or 7 rounds (maybe all 8) with one pull of the trigger. I stopped it and backed up at least 20 times to see if I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing. Sure enough, that M1 was fully automatic.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing??

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Some guys modified their M1 Garands trigger assembly to fire full auto but it had the limited capacity of 8 rounds and loss of accuracy. Sometimes a Garand will slamfire when using commercial ammo and hand loads with soft primers, I had that happen with mine till I changed to CCI primers in my reloads.

I have seen to much grease in the trigger assembly cause double and triple round bursts.

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what this one must have done. He definitely did not have much control of it. The muzzle had to have risen 6 inches by the time the last round went through it.

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I saw the You-tube videos, too. What I saw was not a bump fire. The person shooting it had it to his shoulder and was in full combat gear in the middle of a battle.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The m14 had a lot of barrel rise too in full auto when I shot one not expecting it. It's a sweet gun to shoot in semi auto. The m1 garand is one of the best weapons in ww 2 with its faster loading eclip. For the outdoors and hunting the m14 is hard to beat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts