The Firearms Forum banner

Fun browning hi-power…what do I have?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  nmckenzie 
#1 ·
So I bought this gun a few years back without knowing really anything at all. I was told it was never fired and bought from a shop in Canadian prairies. The older gentleman selling the gun said he’d had it in his safe for over 40 years. When I started to look into what I had bought I realized nothing seamed to line up, at least from my understandings. There’s lack of proof markings, serial numbers that don’t make sense with what if found online. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully someone can give me a rough estimate. Thanks in advance
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Rectangle Wood Tints and shades Metal Fashion accessory

Revolver Wood Gun accessory Metal Fashion accessory

Automotive lighting Wood Bumper Door Sky

See less See more
#2 ·
My guess is that it was made to sell in Europe. That would explain the SN on the slide and barrel and not 245 with SN on the front of the grip. Age would be after 1969 but probably before 1988. The spur hammer started in about 1970. I sold two HP in about the same condition at Texas gun shows in the past month. I ask $1400 each and buyers stood in line. Need more? D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.