The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Check out this new product that makes your AR15 New York & Cali Compliant. Put your pistol grips back on with this product. It it not for everyone but it is a great option to have out there in the ether!

Check it out! Let me know what ya think.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Why do this?.
I have talked about the mag lock system sense the safe act passed.
You put it on and you do not have to change ANYTHING else on your AR.
You still have a semi auto with the system you are showing you have nothing more then a single shot AR and you can do that by just turning (Or backing up )your gas block a little and you have the same thing with out spending ANY money.
The product you are showing is a waste of money and time.
I have even sent the Mag lock system to people in CA. And they love it.
Mike
PS>> This system you show will put undo stress on the bolt and cycle system.
PSS.. Did'nt I tell you about the mag lock before? In a post you put up about a Thorsten stock?.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do this?.
I have talked about the mag lock system sense the safe act passed.
You put it on and you do not have to change ANYTHING else on your AR.
You still have a semi auto with the system you are showing you have nothing more then a single shot AR and you can do that by just turning your gas block a little and you have the same thing with out spending ANY money.
The product you are showing is a waste of money and time.
I have even sent the Mag lock system to people in CA. And they love it.
Mike
PS>> This system you show will put undo stress on the bolt and cycle system.
Like i said in the video this is good on pistol caliber AR15's because you can't lock the magazine in and be able to top load with the take down pin pulled. Also, im gonna try this out on my precision AR. Since I only shoot one round at a time and a normal setup with pistol grip and stock is a lot more comfortable and better for accuracy, in place of the thordsen i have on it now.

I understand what you are saying,but it's nice to have more options.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Like i said in the video this is good on pistol caliber AR15's because you can't lock the magazine in and be able to top load with the take down pin pulled. Also, im gonna try this out on my precision AR. Since I only shoot one round at a time and a normal setup with pistol grip and stock is a lot more comfortable and better for accuracy, in place of the thordsen i have on it now.

I understand what you are saying,but it's nice to have more options.
You do not load from the top with a Mag Lock system. You put in and remove full mags. And it does work on ALL cal. ARs. I have one on my .50 and have put them on .40 cal. ones too.
I'm not trying to be a PIA but just saying the Mag Lock is the best way to get around the safe act.
Mike

·
Registered
7,561 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do not load from the top with a Mag Lock system. You put in and remove full mags. And it does work on ALL cal. ARs. I have one on my .50 and have put them on .40 cal. ones too.
I'm not trying to be a PIA but just saying the Mag Lock is the best way to get around the safe act.
Mike
Ohhh! I thought the mag lock system pinned the magazine in. I got to look into it more. Do you know if it is NY compliant or just Cali? You're not being a pain in my butt, I love learning new things. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Oh boy! Your in trouble now, you've asked my opinion:D. Here's what I think. Take your State back!

Stockholm syndrome?:rolleyes:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
If can not get the fool out of office (Due to the city) then you just ignore the laws and go around the. Beat them at there own game.
And if you have the backing of the LEO and judges who say they will not arrest or prosecute than the law means nothing.
Like spiting on the side walk it is still on the books as being illegal but no one charges on it.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Ohhh! I thought the mag lock system pinned the magazine in. I got to look into it more. Do you know if it is NY compliant or just Cali? You're not being a pain in my butt, I love learning new things. Thank you for pointing that out to me.
There are 2 makers now. One is made by Bullet-Button and called the Prince Patriot Mag Release and the other is made by AR Mag Lock and called AR-15 Fixed magazine lock & Release Kit.
Both are the same thing but the first one came out after the AR Mag Lock and has different way of making it "Fixed" into the gun.
You still have to open the top but then you can drop the mag and put in a new one. The Mag Lock comes with a new upper release pin that has a ring in it to just pull to open it.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Mike is a NY gunsmith.
Yes this is true.
BUT
I am in upstate NY and around here is all republican gun happy people and NO ONE cares what cumo says. Even LEO and judges and prosecutors hate the safe act.
The poster is in dem. run NY city and has to watch his butt because the city loves cumo.
AND is the reason that all upstate has to deal with this BS.
The "Supreme" court has not given the letter to say the Mag lock is legal but also will not say it is not. It will take a charge and court to force them to do it.
The Mag lock conforms with the law. THe law says the magazine is considered "Permanent" If you have to "Disassemble" the gun to remove the mag. AND when you open the Ar you can not shoot it so it is considered disassembled.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts