The Firearms Forum banner

German .25 cal (6.35mm) Pocket Pistol Auto: Sportwaffenfabrik, Reck, Hawes, Spesco, Falcon, Gecado, Hy Hunter

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mike1818 
#1 ·
I'm new here. Hope somebody can help me out.
My late father bought a 25 cal (6.35mm) Model 11 "Automatic Pistol" from a Liberty Arms Corp store in Phoenix Arizona way back on January 6, 1968. I still have the receipt! It's in excellent condition and may never have been fired. I decided to separate the slide and give the gun a cleaning and oiling in preparation of taking it to a nearby NRA range. Unfortunately, the spring loaded slide release button at the rear of the slide popped off. The button is about 6 mm in diameter. It's somewhere in the room, but I'm having a devil of a time finding it. I wonder if you'd be so kind as to help me find a replacement? I know Walgreens and other stores sold quite a few of them between the 1940's and 1960's. Any help would surely be appreciated. Thanks and stay safe and in good spirits.
-- Mike

#3 ·
IMHO, it would be best if you could find the slide release. Between the cost of the replacement part, shipping and handling, and tax. It would likely set you back, more than your Father originally payed for the .25.

If the part is ferrous? Might try your luck, with dragging a magnet around the carpet. Might get lucky. Save you a lot of money and aggravation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.