The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Looks great! I ain't any good Christmas cakes in many a year, like that German Chocolate, Lane cake, sweet potato pie or better yet a sweet potato cobbler! Shur be nice have some real homemade banana pudding.
Use be a gas station in Tuscaloosa where had some ladies that served lunch on week days! Great cooks! Once a week deep fried chicken, everything really homemade chicken dressing, seasoned green beans, mashed tators, coleslaw and banana pudding! They knew I'd be dropping by, did for about 4 years and they save me a plate cause they always sold out especially banana pudding days!

·
GUNZILLA
6,464 Posts
That looks good. Wife made one a couple of weeks ago. Could not decide on a glass of ice cold whole milk or a hot cup of coffee black, with the slice of cake, so I had two slices.

·
Premium Member
12,361 Posts

·
Administrator
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,672 Posts
My Mom used to make a Lane cake every year around Thanksgiving that was soaked in rum. She would keep it it the pantry where it was cool and we would eat it for Christmas. Her Lane cakes and her fried apple tarts were to die for. As a matter of fact, everything she cooked was to die for. She also taught my wife to cook.😊

1 - 20 of 20 Posts