The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 3rd and last gun I bought on auction Monday.
Bought to on hang on the wall. But if its worth anything I'll look into restoring it, or parts.
Any input appreciated.

German Danzig 1890 8mm Caliber Rifle, Bolt Action, Wood Stock, Front fixed and Rear adjustable Sights, 30" Barrel length, 48.75" Overall length, missing bolt action, missing (1) sling attachment, stock has several cracks and dents and scratches, Bore is dirty and rusty with very little shine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
Looks like what you have there is a Mauser Model 1888. Numrich has some parts for these rifles, including stripped bolt bodies. I didn't bother looking for the rest of the bits and pieces, but take a peek on Numrich's site (they have a parts schematic of the '88). Springfield Sporters might also be a good bet for parts. Haven't a clue what a rusty/dusty Mauser '88 would be worth, but if your investment isn't too large it'd probably make for a neat fixer-upper project.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
GEW 1888 commission rifle. In that shape value is whatever you can get for it but it wont be much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I gave $25.
So It may be worth fixing up a little. Don't want to put too much into it if it isn't worth it.
Any ways I like the looks of it hanging on the wall in my pole barn office. Or should I call it a man cave?

I also have the remains of a Japanese Arisaka rifle & bayonet. Was in fire. Needs a stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I been unable to find a bolt for this gun, if anyone has one they do not need I am interested. (buy or trade for it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts