The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle sent me this info and needs help with it. I guess it locks in loosely and its missing a firing pin. i told him to describe in detail the gun so here goes.... i need the make and model and where i can find parts.....

here it is it's a single shot 22 cal lr...all it says on it is Germany 22cal lr...it has 3 proof stamps under the barrel on the body...one is a german eagle with the wings pointed downward with a N under it for nitro....second one is a pineapple with the top cut off for Munich...third is a 66 with a bell shaped underline i am assuming its the year it was produced 1966...it has some weight to it and is in very good shape.....missing a fireing pin assembly...needs a set screw for the barrel...a little loose...and possibly grips the ones that are on it are plastic and have a crack....I took the grips off it and it doesn't have a traditional spring in it its a solid piece of metal thats in the shape of a lazy S or the shape of a wave that contacts the hammer and trigger. Any help finding the maker or where to get parts would be appreciated I would like to get it up and running again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I had to laugh when I read your description. It has a leaf mainspring. That's as traditional as you can get, seeing as they have been used for over 100 years.
Your gun is made of die-cast zinc. I doubt any parts are available for it. They would have to be made by a gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's my uncles description cut and pasted from an email. So does anyone know make and model on this?

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I do believe you are between a rock and a hard place. During the 1950's these type of derringers were imported by several different firms from Germany ( and other European countries ), manufactured by as many different gun making companies. Single barrel type, built on a Remington type frame are not common but again they were built and imported by several importers. Two companies I know made these type of guns were Reck and Karachie ( small machine firm ). As Bill stated I believe parts will have to be made.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Could I ask why you want to get it up and running again? As a firearm, it's virtually useless, and finding someone who would be willing to pay more than the cost of repairs for it would be pretty tough, IMO. On the other hand, if you plug up the barrel with something, it will make a nice paperweight.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uncle likes it a lot. He said he would like to shoot it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts