The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my buddy is getting back from Germany and I have held his New England 22-250 for him makeing sure it shoots good for him :D he gets back next week so he is going to pick it up so i need one lol i realy like the round but I think I want one bolt action with a detachable mag and a longer barrel his only had a 22 in was thinking 24 or 26 in any one know of a good 22-250 that fits what I want I have looked but can't find one I like yet

·
Administrator
33,379 Posts
Savage makes several bolt guns in that caliber. Most have blind mags which isn't an issue to me. Savage is a very accurate platform and the round, well, you already know. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been looking some nice ones on there any brands and models I should stay away from my tax return just came in so Friday after work or saturday I will go buy one

·
Registered
347 Posts
Howdy thats a good caliber choice its probable my favorite. I have been shooting it for 40 years and have owned 5 different models. But my favorite hands down is my Winchester model 70 cant beat it. Closely follwed by my Remington model 700. There both damn good rifles and there are several out there.It pays to shop around good luck and have fun

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at Both of them all so savage model 11 and few others I want this for a coyote rifle avr range is 400 yards and some can be way out there what twist rate should I get seen from 1/10 to 1/14

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well about twist rate, you said some may be way out there, so the heavier bullets IMO, would be better due to wind on a small bullet, now to stabilize longer bullets you need faster twist rates, so 1/10 will do that. There's my 2 pennies worth.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I was looking at Both of them all so savage model 11 and few others I want this for a coyote rifle avr range is 400 yards and some can be way out there what twist rate should I get seen from 1/10 to 1/14
I have the Savage 11 in the .204 Ruger and gotta say, tacdriver all day, everyday with the Hornady V-max ammo.
And Ive been keeping my eyes open for a good .22-250 every gunshop I
walk into...still looking.;)

The pic below, I was shooting 600yds that day after shooting at 400 and getting board for the need
of a "challenge"...very accurate rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rem 700 vtr is mine woot I will snap some pics after I get done shooting it :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.